Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

of Montreal @ The Haunt - Sunday 16th February

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Caused a few ripples on the indie scene a few years ago with a couple of chart albums. The quirky Athens, Georgia rockers mix kitchen-sink drama with angsty love affair deconstructions. Tickets from venue and Resident @ £14 + b/f

www.ofmontreal.net

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ooh, top shout there. Their album Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? is a joy to behold.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Mainly miss. Hissing Fauna: great title, great album.

A bit tough I'd say. Skeletal Lamping is a great album once you get your head round it & I thought the same of Paralytic Stalks. False Priest was half a good album (sorry Herr T!) I'm yet to get my teeth into the new one.

Regardless, they will be exceptional live. That's just what they do.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
A bit tough I'd say.

Well, maybe. Skeletal Lamping - too much, but some good patches. Paralytic Stalks - messy. False Priest - haven't spent enough time with it, but so far an improvement on PS. Lousy With Sylvanbriar - again, have not got to grips with it, not immediately impressive (are any of them??) but not too shabby. One thing is for certain: OM are not the band to listen to after a hard day at work and you want something easy and obvious while you make the dinner. Never seen them live - I can believe they are entertaining and a little bit out there....

By the way, listened to your end of 2013 show - just what I needed as I cleaned the chickens out - great stuff, has given me some new leads for 2014...When's the next show?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Never seen them live - I can believe they are entertaining and a little bit out there....

They are one of the best live bands out there currently. A back catalogue to die for & a really colourful and interesting stage show. Barnes is also a fantastic performer to watch. I saw them at Audio on Hissing Fauna & Digital on Skeletal Lamping, both brilliant gigs. I see no reason why the Haunt show will be any different (bar my extreme misgivings about that venue when it is sold out.)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
By the way, listened to your end of 2013 show - just what I needed as I cleaned the chickens out - great stuff, has given me some new leads for 2014...When's the next show?

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, I had to take a break this week as the station physically moved location so I'll do 2 hours next week as it seems a shame to waste what I'd already done.

There are some others in here if you are interested, ( http://www.mixcloud.com/jamesmclarnon562/ )though I must warn you, I'm pretty nervous in the early ones (I'm still pretty nervous now.)

Out of interest, what floated your boat from the other show?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ella Eyre is at The Haunt in March. Best singer around in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here