Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much did BHA make from yesterdays game?

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
With FFP high on the radar and ignoring the £67k prize money, how much money did we make yesterday bearing in mind the cheap tickets.

Crowd 20k x £10 average per ticket = £200k gate receipts before expenses. This needs to be split three ways (BHA / Reading / FA). Not sure how the catering or sponsorship works for additional cup games, we will be lucky to clear 100k profit?? Anyone in the know?

Jimmy Grimble

There was a lot of activity in the club shop for a good hour after the game, lots of families in there - hopefully we picked up a few new fans!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A loss. A fair size one I should think.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
At £15 per ticket, roughly what kind of crowd is needed to break even? 35,000?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
A loss. A fair size one I should think.

??? 20,000 punters buying food, drink, merchandise programmes, car parking, hospitality plus the prize money, every extra home game is crucial to the balance sheet as earnings will be based on the gaurenteed 23 home games and pre season so this is a bonus. You haven't got a clue unless you know differently.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Don't doubt there'd be a matchday loss but a lot of new visitors, a lot of kids, so hopefully it'll prove a good investment for the future.

Dec 29, 2011
??? 20,000 punters buying food, drink, merchandise programmes, car parking, hospitality plus the prize money, every extra home game is crucial to the balance sheet as earnings will be based on the gaurenteed 23 home games and pre season so this is a bonus. You haven't got a clue unless you know differently.

It appears you don't have a clue either, so dougdeep is as entitled to his opinion as you are yours. A loss isn't unfeasible but the prize money probably means we at least break even. All the stuff you mentioned doesn't bring in as much money as you'd imagine, we have to pay for use of the car parks, and food+drink is on a contract where we probably only make a small % of profit, and programmes probably fetch about £7,000 max per game, about half of a weekly wage.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It appears you don't have a clue either, so dougdeep is as entitled to his opinion as you are yours. A loss isn't unfeasible but the prize money probably means we at least break even. All the stuff you mentioned doesn't bring in as much money as you'd imagine, we have to pay for use of the car parks, and food+drink is on a contract where we probably only make a small % of profit, and programmes probably fetch about £7,000 max per game, about half of a weekly wage.

But the "weekly wage" has already been paid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But the "weekly wage" has already been paid.

This. I imagine the only extra wages will be for match day staff and they're no doubt minimum wage.

With FFP high on the radar and ignoring the £67k prize money, how much money did we make yesterday bearing in mind the cheap tickets.

Crowd 20k x £10 average per ticket = £200k gate receipts before expenses. This needs to be split three ways (BHA / Reading / FA). Not sure how the catering or sponsorship works for additional cup games, we will be lucky to clear 100k profit?? Anyone in the know?

Less 20% VAT = £166k
Less Reading's travel & accommodation costs
Less match officials fees and expenses
Less chargeable match specific stadium costs (eg stewards, turnstile operators, floodlighting etc.............)
45% of what's left to Reading and 10% to the FA prize money pool
Then there might match specific bonuses payable to the players and management team

Last edited:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I too, cannot see how they could make a loss. If gate money was £200,000, then the operating costs, i.e stewarding would have to cost more than that. plus the income from car parks, catering and the shop.

I know there are probably double the number of stewards needed, but can they possible cost that much!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here