Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
BDO WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Venue: Lakeside Country Club, Frimley Green Date: 4-12 January

Anybody watch this these days ?

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Watch it because its on and I like Darts but after watching the PDC World Championships for the last few weeks the standard of this is pretty awful

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Thud, thud, thud...........Foooooooorty six, thud, thud, thud..........Tweeeeeeeenty seven, Martin you require six, thud, thud, thud........ No score, Tony you require eleven...... Three scored.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We have a dartboard at home, on which I threw a 37 dart leg over Christmas.

As a result of this, I am the Number 4 seed for this competition. :thumbsup:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Standard not as good ,but at least the crowd give the Players order unlike the Pdc .Remember MVG was at this poor standard 5 years ago.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I watched Scott Waites get knocked out last night, and Trina Gulliver too. I don't understand how the BDO do their draw, but they always seem to get big names playing against each other in Round 1. Norris beat Waites 3-0 and looked good, every inch a Top 8 player so why did they meet so early?

By the way, it is sad to see Waites play so poorly. He's made his decision about sticking with the BDO - fair enough - but to me he is on a par with where Mervyn King, Whitlock or Thornton were before they jumped ship to the PDC. I'm sure if he had a word with any of them they'd tell him it was the best move they ever made. (I fancy he'd be in that 9-16 PDC player ranking bracket if he'd made the switch).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We have a dartboard at home, on which I threw a 37 dart leg over Christmas.

We have one in our kitchen, I came down this morning, threw 140 with my first three and walked away knowing it was unlikely to get any better.

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Thud, thud, thud...........Foooooooorty six, thud, thud, thud..........Tweeeeeeeenty seven, Martin you require six, thud, thud, thud........ No score, Tony you require eleven...... Three scored.
:thumbsup:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I like the BDO. I've been to see the PDC at the Ally Pally and the class is obviously different to this. But the BDO is good fun.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Love the Proper Darts, none of the razmatazz, just all about the darts. This is the way darts should be, with an appreciative audience glued to every dart being thrown and giving the players full respect.

Love the Proper Darts, none of the razmatazz, just all about the darts. This is the way darts should be, with an appreciative audience glued to every dart being thrown and giving the players full respect.

I think you'll find the audience is, in the main, bored shitless.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think you'll find the audience is, in the main, bored shitless.

Have you been??? They ruddy love it. True, they don't get Martin Fitzmaurice to whip them up into a frenzy with his "LETS PLAY DARTS!!!" anymore but the venue is sold out for every session year in and year out. There's a long waiting list for full week tickets.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here