Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourinho wants to STOP diving

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
If that means axing Splash! from the TV schedules, I wholeheartedly support his campaign.

That said it's strange that Mourinho now is a vocal critic of diving when he actively encouraged his players to dive when he managed FC Porto.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He never seemed to mind when Robben and Drogba were throwing themselves to the floor for him the first time around.

D

Deleted member 18477

Mourinho is sly come on. Does anyone believe him when he says I don't want my players to dive? I bet he says, If you have the chance, then go down!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He never seemed to mind when Robben and Drogba were throwing themselves to the floor for him the first time around.

Dermot Gallacher tells a story where Chelsea were playing Scunthorpe in the cup.

Drogba went down and stayed down demanding a free-kick, while Gallacher played advantage. Chelsea went on to score, and as the players wheeled off to celebrate and eventually get back to their own half, Drogba stayed on the floor, utterly indignant at not getting his free-kick. The game couldn't re-start as he was still down in the Scunthorpe half.

Mourinho saw some sort of kerfuffle and asked the linesman, who in turn asked the ref, what was going on. "He still wants his free-kick..." came the reply.

Mourinho just shrugged his shoulders and said words to the effect of "... pass the message on from me, he (Drogba) is a prat..."

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Dermot Gallacher tells a story where Chelsea were playing Scunthorpe in the cup.

Drogba went down and stayed down demanding a free-kick, while Gallacher played advantage. Chelsea went on to score, and as the players wheeled off to celebrate and eventually get back to their own half, Drogba stayed on the floor, utterly indignant at not getting his free-kick. The game couldn't re-start as he was still down in the Scunthorpe half.

Mourinho saw some sort of kerfuffle and asked the linesman, who in turn asked the ref, what was going on. "He still wants his free-kick..." came the reply.

Mourinho just shrugged his shoulders and said words to the effect of "... pass the message on from me, he (Drogba) is a prat..."

Just another Drogba game to con the ref.
of COURSE he did not want the free kick! - he couldn't just get up a celebrate without revealing that he was simulating. He knows the goal stands ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here