Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should England's Cricketers be made to pay air fares home?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I mean, come on, 5 (five) nil - anyone else performing so poorly on a work trip wouldn't have their expenses paid. That or be fired! Does anyone remember pre-ashes there was talk England might win it?!!!

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
They should be left there.
Although Australia wouldn't have them as they evidently have no work skills that Australia would want.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
They should be made to row home in tiny boats if they make it, they make it, if they don't, they won't be missed. It was obvious that Australia's desire to win back the Ashes was far greater than our desire to keep them. No amount of pontificating by the media will make matters any better until we change the "old boy's system".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I mean, come on, 5 (five) nil - anyone else performing so poorly on a work trip wouldn't have their expenses paid. That or be fired! Does anyone remember pre-ashes there was talk England might win it?!!!

An employer would struggle to get away with not paying travel expenses, no matter how crap the employee was!

I think many of the current England team will lose their central contracts after this debacle though, and rightly so.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
What an uninspiring leader Cook is. He couldn't motivate an alcoholic to go to the pub.

Agreed, and very much part of the problem and not, as some are suggesting, part of the solution - he's a personality free zone and very definitely not a natural leader. He'd be far better off talking to his mate Goochy about what the f**ks gone wrong with his batting.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Judging by their appalling 'performance' on the field, I won't be surprised if most of 'em fail to catch a plane home.

Last edited:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I love the way they MOANED about the pressure of having 10 consecutive Ashes tests, shame nobody told the Aussies that as it didn't affect them

Losing the previous series 3-0 probably spurred as a motivational factor, to be fair.

Does seem as though the Ashes cash cow is being milked for all its worth now, given that the next Ashes series is next year. Guess this must be down to Australia being the only opposition these days that can sell out tickets for test matches in England. We will have played Australia in 3 test series in 2 years by that point, yet during all of that time will not have a single test match against the current best team in the world, South Africa. Indeed, the last time they toured England, we only played 3 tests against them because of the Olympics.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Losing the previous series 3-0 probably spurred as a motivational factor, to be fair.

Does seem as though the Ashes cash cow is being milked for all its worth now, given that the next Ashes series is next year. Guess this must be down to Australia being the only opposition these days that can sell out tickets for test matches in England. We will have played Australia in 3 test series in 2 years by that point, yet during all of that time will not have a single test match against the current best team in the world, South Africa. Indeed, the last time they toured England, we only played 3 tests against them because of the Olympics.

I think most tickets sell out whoever the opposition is. Lords has a ticket ballot in order to get lucky as it is so oversubscribed usually.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seriously? The next ashes series in in 2015? That is just mad

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I love the way they MOANED about the pressure of having 10 consecutive Ashes tests, shame nobody told the Aussies that as it didn't affect them

i dont see it cant have had an effect and the Aussies having the second leg after losing spurred them on. isnt this why having second leg in cup ties is important, you know the opposition and know whats needed.

and can someone explian why they've had two series in one year, thought it was every other, 18 mth or somthing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here