Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Village Way

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to the match by bus yesterday and was astounded at the delays coming out and buses unable to move to the stops due to traffic congestion. Can somebody explain why they cannot put the lights out of action and make all traffic turn left towards the A27, traffic wanting to go to Woodingdan or east could go around the roundabout, and with the lights out of action straight on up the road. Plod could act to stop the traffic for a second to allow traffic not at the football coming from Woodingdean through.

This only need be done for about 30 mins max.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That would create problems with people doing u-turns.

There shouldn't be anyone stupid enough to come towards the stadium. Are there cars coming towards the stadium at leaving time? If so, who are they?

BG - You normally get picked up, don't you? Where does that happen?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That would create problems with people doing u-turns.

There shouldn't be anyone stupid enough to come towards the stadium. Are there cars coming towards the stadium at leaving time? If so, who are they?

Where and why would people do U turns?

Dont think I made myself clear I meant traffic coming from The Downs or Rottingdean to join the A27 to be controlled by plod, not going to the stadium.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Where and why would people do U turns?

Dont think I made myself clear I meant traffic coming from The Downs or Rottingdean to join the A27 to be controlled by plod, not going to the stadium.

I was talking about the traffic using the roundabout to come back on themselves.

Who is stupid enough to drive through the area at that time? Who are these people?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have seen those lights disabled. They might have been broken but on that occasion the traffic seemed to move pretty well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was talking about the traffic using the roundabout to come back on themselves.

Who is stupid enough to drive through the area at that time? Who are these people?

Traffic for Woodingdean, Rottingdean etc would just go around the round about and back up the road as that would be clear if the lights are not in action.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Went to the match by bus yesterday and was astounded at the delays coming out and buses unable to move to the stops due to traffic congestion. Can somebody explain why they cannot put the lights out of action and make all traffic turn left towards the A27, traffic wanting to go to Woodingdan or east could go around the roundabout, and with the lights out of action straight on up the road. Plod could act to stop the traffic for a second to allow traffic not at the football coming from Woodingdean through.

This only need be done for about 30 mins max.

Seems a sensible way to go about it. It's really frustrating sitting there watching no traffic come down from Woodingdean, and can imagine the same for those coming out of Sussex Uni not being able to leave because of queues caused at the roundabout for people wanting to go westbound on A27.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The police actively encourage people to park in Village Way to pick people up after the match despite double yellow lines being in existence. They have said that it's safer there than the A27. That much is obvious but it does delay people using bus services and people coming out of Bennetts field.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would speed things up considerably but there is bound to be a jobsworth in the council who has discovered a sub-clause within a sub-clause in the traffic laws that prevents it :thumbsup:

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
In general terms as to exiting at those lights, an assurance was provided in the first season at the Amex in relation to the traffic lights. but Plod seldom follow up on anything like this. The idiots picking up and doing U turns in Village Way is as evident now as it was when we were first there for the Spurs friendly. I have caught the bus from there, number 25 or 23, virtually every game and can vouch for the unnecessary delays. It does not need to be as bad as it is but there seems to be no real will by club/stewards, nor Plod, to be at all proactive to improve it. A good suggestion though.

Would speed things up considerably but there is bound to be a jobsworth in the council who has discovered a sub-clause within a sub-clause in the traffic laws that prevents it :thumbsup:
To be honest, I don't think East Sussex County Council are very bothered about traffic conditions that occur for about 30 minutes every couple of weeks on a minor rural road at the very edge of the county.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have received a reply from Pal Barber, very quick , saying he has forwarded my e mail to Steve Reeves their transport manager, who will look into it and reply directly to me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It did appear more chaotic on Saturday than usual but I put that down to more people (possibly newbies) being picked up on Village way.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There was unusual congestion on the roundabout outside the top entrance to the university. A lot of cars were queued up trying to get in and each driver seemed to get a 1-minute explanation of where they ought to be headed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here