Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Jones: Home Wish in Today's Cup Draw

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Nathan Jones said he doesn't mind who Albion are paired with in today's fourth round draw, but would prefer to be playing at the Amex.*
Asked for his personal preference in the fourth round, after yesterday's 1-0 win over Reading, he admitted he would be watching the draw tomorrow afternoon, but revealed his only wish was a home tie.
Jones said, "We are not thinking about a cup run. It is another game that we have won and played well in and it keeps the momentum going, but what is more important now is what happens in a week's time.*
"I honestly don’t mind who we draw; I hope we get a home game and that the fans get who they want. I am sure if they do, the city and the fans will be buzzing.
"I know it's a boring cliche but for us the focus now shifts to Birmingham City. We are going to give the players a few days off to rest, as we asked for a big effort from them five games ago.
"We asked them to look after themselves and to stay together and they have given us that so we reward them with a few days rest and then we will report back on Tuesday and start preparation for the Birmingham game.
"Hopefully the rain will stop next week. It’s been monsoon like, like March in Sri Lanka! However, with a week between matches it will be good to have the time to get back on the training ground."
Jones also revealed a pre-planned approach over the Christmas and New Year period which has paid off.*
"We are proud of the squad we have here and we felt it would not weaken the side with the changes we made. We made rotations and we have managed our squad over Christmas.
"Andrew Crofts had an argument five games ago after being left out against Huddersfield. I thought he was going to kill me at the time, but he said to me after the game how he can now see the logic in why we rested him for that match.
"We had a tough run of games in a short space of time and we wanted to make sure that everyone got through them
"We have used our squad and we did that again today. People talk about changes, but it isn't about changes, it is about us using the squad in the right way.
"When we look back on the perfomances, the Christmas run has not been disappointing. We have been unlucky in one or two games.*
"We still feel we deserved something against Charlton and three points against Bournemouth, but we have been right at it, all the time and we are really pleased with the level of performance at the moment."
The draw takes place live on ITV1, FATV and BT Sport at 2pm today, with Albion ball number 26 - full details will also be available via seagulls.co.uk and the club's official Facebook and Twitter pages.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here