Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince and Orlandi Chants

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Please can someone clarify the words to the Ince and Orlandi chants, they were sung by the group over the east side of the north. The Ince one was to the tune from the lottery adverts. Also for the Ince one I got 'He came from Chelsea, to play for Brighton, Rohan Ince Rohan Ince Rohan Ince' but not the rest.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I want to tell you, I might as well do,
About a boy who can do anything,
He came from Chelsea to play for Brighton
Rohan ince, Rohan ince, Rohan ince.

Viva Orlandi,
Running down the wing,
Hear the Brighton sing,
Viva Orlandi.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Should be

He hates the Palace, he plays for Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bit annoying how determined that group were to sing only chants that no one else knew the lyrics to...seems pointlessly divisive to me.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Bit annoying how determined that group were to sing only chants that no one else knew the lyrics to...seems pointlessly divisive to me.

It was as if they were doing it just to be annoying. 15 minutes of the Rohan Ince song got on my tits. He wasn't even playing. It stopped other songs being sung and did the atmosphere no favour.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was as if they were doing it just to be annoying. 15 minutes of the Rohan Ince song got on my tits. He wasn't even playing. It stopped other songs being sung and did the atmosphere no favour.

As I said - they seemed to choose only songs that no one knew the lyrics to, over and over again. Bizarrely antisocial.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
In their defence, I think it was sung for that period of time to try and 'teach' the surrounding area the words but I wasn't too far away from them but still couldn't really understand them.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
Thanks Judge for taking the time to share the words
Great atmosphere, like the idea of the stewards allowing standing in the back rows,
Where there's no seats , great afternoon

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He came from Chelsea to play for Brighton

Viva Orlandi,
Running down the wing,
Hear the Brighton sing,
Viva Orlandi.

Dreadful.

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
Drove me mental the Ince song funny though, just kept imaging someone sat in their bedroom with hundreds of bits of screwed up paper on the floor not quite Lennon and McCartney

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Both songs brilliant, love it lapped up the atmosphere. Keep it up lads. Well done to that Judge bloke, whoever he is. When i finally get to meet this legend i am gonna buy him a big fat PIE!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

If you want new chants to catch on at some point you have to sing them when no one else knows the words. A cup game seems to me like a good time to test them out.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I am fed up being sshhh'd at by the away fans who then sing the library song. The atmosphere is poor regardless what anyone says, so a group trying to do something about it gets a thumbs up from me. We have been out sung by the away fans at 80% of our home games this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you want new chants to catch on at some point you have to sing them when no one else knows the words. A cup game seems to me like a good time to test them out.

It was constant though, and made it impossible to get any kind of atmosphere going. Fair enough to chuck in new ones but toe exclusively do ones that no one knows seems a bit well, exclusive.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It was constant though, and made it impossible to get any kind of atmosphere going. Fair enough to chuck in new ones but toe exclusively do ones that no one knows seems a bit well, exclusive.

Did you point this out to them at the match? :shrug:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I don't like to do this, but that new Ince one is absolutely dreadful. A chant based on a jingle for the national lottery? Really, really bad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did you point this out to them at the match? :shrug:

No, why would I? It didn't ruin my day or anything, just made it harder to get an atmosphere going.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't like to do this, but that new Ince one is absolutely dreadful. A chant based on a jingle for the national lottery? Really, really bad.

I've not seen the lottery jingle, could someone sing it on here please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here