Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I can't see"

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Arrived in my ST seat in the NS and felt uncomfortable standing up. I'm a reasonable kind of person so rather than get annoyed I sat down for the majority of the game........however.........

One of the reasons I enjoy my seat is that since "the Amex" opened I've stood all game, every game. For 2 1/2 years no one has complained about my standing.

Today was (result excluded) an infuriating experience.

Please don't bring young children/wives/girlfriends into what you know will be an area that might contain some "industrial" language &/or standing and then complain. If I think the referee/opposing manager is a c*nt I will say so. If you want to stand up, as I do every week, please adjust your own view rather than moan like Adam Lallana.

Rant over

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
same as that,
one of the reasons I don't take up my st in the north stand for cup games anymore, (Newport was unbearable in too many ways!)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
same as that,
one of the reasons I don't take up my st in the north stand for cup games anymore, (Newport was unbearable in too many ways!)

How could Newport have been unbearable? The North Stand was barely a third full for the Newport game. If you wanted to stand, it would have been easy to move nearer the back or wherever surely?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Marvellous thread. Perhaps the people in the North Stand haven't been before and didn't quite know what to expect, ie having paid for a seat and then being expected to stand. Those kids maybe the next generation of supporters so let's put them off. Of course the problem would have been solved had the north standers on masse purchased their usual seat considering the cheap price for the match.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Marvellous thread. Perhaps the people in the North Stand haven't been before and didn't quite know what to expect, ie having paid for a seat and then being expected to stand. Those kids maybe the next generation of supporters so let's put them off. Of course the problem would have been solved had the north standers on masse purchased their usual seat considering the cheap price for the match.

Exactly this - there were many people and children at the game who have never been before and who may well become new fans in future so long as they didn't have the misfortune of sitting/ standing next to a curmudgeon like the OP!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Arrived in my ST seat in the NS and felt uncomfortable standing up. I'm a reasonable kind of person so rather than get annoyed I sat down for the majority of the game........however.........

One of the reasons I enjoy my seat is that since "the Amex" opened I've stood all game, every game. For 2 1/2 years no one has complained about my standing.

Today was (result excluded) an infuriating experience.

Please don't bring young children/wives/girlfriends into what you know will be an area that might contain some "industrial" language &/or standing and then complain. If I think the referee/opposing manager is a c*nt I will say so. If you want to stand up, as I do every week, please adjust your own view rather than moan like Adam Lallana.

Rant over

diddums

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
The OP obviously has more rights to the Amex than anyone else. Who would have thought that you pay for a seat that you can actually use it.

Would you stand up on a empty train?

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Well said mark (OP). I felt exactly the same as you. We all have a preference, mine is to stand, sing and shout during a game. I feel more a part of the game. We’re in N1F and it's a great atmosphere week In week out. 98% of the ground, including the best views, are available for those who want to sit. So why come to the North Stand sit in the back rows and 30 seconds into the game complain because people are standing. It's not like it's a surprise.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Then we don't want or need people like you away, you're what kills the atmosphere at home. :wave:

'we'?? 'we'?? What happened to your hilarious signature about not going to games? Surely you're far too busy posting on every thread being contrary to worry about the atmosphere at the Amex. Those forum posts aren't going to post themselves.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why are football stadiums considered different to any where else people go in public? It's like you step inside a stadium and are apparently then excused for acting like a grown up.

If someone went around other public places in the public shouting at someone calling them a c**t people would rightly view them as an utter moron.

The price of a ticket allows you to watch the game. Not the right to act like a troglodyte.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Then we don't want or need people like you away, you're what kills the atmosphere at home. :wave:

What an ironic post given your so called "boycott" of home games. Regardless, I've never understood why people think an atmosphere can't be created while seated - lack of imagination I guess.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I am confused, looks like many Ns STHs did not use their seat on Saturday. Therefore they are moaning that a lot of people who go into the NS for cup games expect to sit or do not want to hear industrial language. But I thought I read somewhere on here that the singing was better from the north on Saturday. Maybe those who did not take up their seats on Saturday were not missed

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Why are football stadiums considered different to any where else people go in public? It's like you step inside a stadium and are apparently then excused for acting like a grown up.

If someone went around other public places in the public shouting at someone calling them a c**t people would rightly view them as an utter moron.

The price of a ticket allows you to watch the game. Not the right to act like a troglodyte.

Don't forget that you can sing and shout what you want about a player safe in the knowledge that if the nasty man has the nerve to do anything in response it'll be him that gets in trouble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here