Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another One bites the dust - Pardew Gone??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is on a very long contact so expensive to dismiss.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unlikely, he is not doing well enough to be sacked. Newcastle only sack managers when they are getting to grips with the job.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This would surprise me. With the players at his disposal Pardew is doing as well as could be expected. I suppose if you compare them to Everton then they're underachieving but then their Director Of Football is Joe Kinnear.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I've read a couple of times (god knows where), that it's some kind of rolling contract, and that if he were to be sacked he'd only need to be paid until the end of that season.

Although they are doing alright, so i'd be surprised if true.

D

Deleted member 18477

I've read a couple of times (god knows where), that it's some kind of rolling contract, and that if he were to be sacked he'd only need to be paid until the end of that season.

Although they are doing alright, so i'd be surprised if true.

This would make a lot more sense. You'd be mental to give Pardew a proper 8 year contract or whatever it was.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Looking at his position so far, it would be ludicrous to sack him. He's actually one of the best English managers.
When taking into account the funds, club profile for attracting top names, and progress - he is not exactly a failure.
F.A. Cupsets happen. We could find out the hard way just as we have surprised others in the past.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very unlikely, they've been doing well this year and Pardew is a decent manager imo.

Aug 23, 2011
After one poor result? They beat man utd a few weeks back (although who hasn't), have had a couple of close defeats to arsenal etc and are well placed in the table. It would be mad but football can be mad.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Surely Newcastle must be used to going out of the FA cup early? It's not a new occurrence, is it?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

which would mean its not an "n years" long contract but a rolling yearly contract, and not as costly to end as everyone reckons. so we have information that he couldnt be sacked (when doing badly) because of the cost of buying out a long contract, but another rumour that his contract is only 1 year. football rumours eh?

eitherway, comfortably midtable and playing some decent football, think it'd be a bit bonkers to sack him now on the back of one result to a club having a new manager bounce.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Doesn't Ashley need to keep pardew and kinnear employed so they can repay some rather large gambling debts to him? That's always been a strong rumour in the north east.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I believe the termination amount was in the contract and not related to the length of the contract, so shouldn't make any difference. Can't see them binning him anyway, they can't expect to be any higher than they are in the league and he's running a fairly stable ship. Doubt they're too bothered about going out of the cup.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here