Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dave Allen - BBC2 Now

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone else watching this?

I think he was an absolutely brilliant comedian - I'd far rather watch him than a lot of modern stuff despite only being in my 20s.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Yes I'm watching it. He was a brilliant comedian and highly influential on modern stand-up comedians, as well as on other comedy, not least Father Ted. It was shameful how he was treated by TV later in his career. The telling the time gag is one of the best.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes he is brilliant. Trouble is he is/ was the absolute spitting image of my late father.

It is actually quite poignant watching him.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Just been watching it. I'd never heard of him before but this was a brilliant collection of sketches, that one with the note under the car wheel :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Loved him when I was a kid. Amazing that his material still seems fresh/current.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Very few comedians I would actually get off my arse for, and go and watch a live show, Dave Allen was the top of that list. Shame I didn't ever actually achieve this.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Brilliant...compare that to todays so called comedians who have an agenda is to shout and swear as much and often as possible and think they are funny..as for Keith Lemon...don't get me started on him....I said don't get me strarted...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I do think he is good but too many dour memories of sitting on the floor in my grandfathers house in Belfast being forced to watch it in total silence as a 5 year old and not finding it funny at all.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Struggling to find too much of this really funny (BBC2). Nostalgia eh?

My memories of Dave Allen had him as being much funnier than this show's contents. I tried watching the whole show but got bored. Sorry Dare Allen fans- nowhere near as good as I thought he was, especially some of the sketches.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here