Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best Reading song I heard...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Interesting.

I was in the north, and seriously never heard them.

When I sit in WSU I always think the north is pretty quiet, but being in there today thought it was a good atmosphere, and fairly loud.

Didn't hear WSU either.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Interesting.

When I sit in WSU I always think the north is pretty quiet, but being in there today thought it was a good atmosphere, and fairly loud.

Didn't hear WSU either.

One of my sons went in the North today, we have WSU season tickets and this was a first for him, he said it was great and enjoyed the singing, he said he couldn't hear the Reading fans or any BHA fans singing in the South Stand.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Strange, I was literally by the away fans. They were loud a couple of times, but most of the time it was a small group of Danny Dyers with the most unoriginal chants you could imagine.

Does Reading have a single chant that's unique to them?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Interesting.

Didn't hear WSU either.

To be honest, I couldn't hear too much from the North, and the WSL was as silent as ever. The Reading fans made a fair bit of noise, but it was almost entirely nonsensical.
Cup games are always a funny one with noise, not forgetting we had almost 25% less support today than we have at a league game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Atmosphere was good today. From ESL (North 18 yard line) the North Stand were in good voice and the Curva Sud were also excellent to see and hear.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting.

Didn't hear WSU either.

That's weird, from the WSU I could hardly hear the north. I usually hear them though in the family stand.

To be honest, I couldn't hear too much from the North, and the WSL was as silent as ever. The Reading fans made a fair bit of noise, but it was almost entirely nonsensical.
Cup games are always a funny one with noise, not forgetting we had almost 25% less support today than we have at a league game.

I was in the WSU for the first time today. I thought it was pretty quiet but there again I only heard the north a couple of times. As for Reading, they seemed pathetic.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was next to them, pretty much singing all game (quietened down after the goal mind). As others are saying, it was just a bunch of hooligan wannabes wearing shit clothes singing generic Soccer AM chants. Sums Reading up really.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Blimey - if you think Reading is a shithole you need to get out more - it's just a bit dull and beige that's all.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm usually in East Stand, just off centre towards the North (season ticket). Usually I can hear the East, South and North sing. With variations of atmosphere. But for the Reading game I was in the North, and I could only hear the North sing. Interesting... This explains the differing opinions at atmosphere on here.

Jimmy Grimble

I was next to them, pretty much singing all game (quietened down after the goal mind). As others are saying, it was just a bunch of hooligan wannabes wearing shit clothes singing generic Soccer AM chants. Sums Reading up really.

"Palace are shit but they're better than you" was about as original as it got, even then there was only 5 or 6 of them singing it. Says a lot.

The best, however, was when they started a chant of "Stand up if you love Reading" - the immediate two rows in front of them unwillingly stood up for a couple of seconds before sloping back into their seats, and that was it :lolol: (this little troop were stood at the back for those who don't know).

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
From the North the Reading support were disappointing for their turnout but they were loud on a couple of occasions including a decent 'can you hear the Brighton sing...?' during a lull in the second half. Surprised some didn't hear them at all from the North.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here