Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-1275377_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:49 4th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
I would love another big club to come down to the Amex"
Gordon Greer
Gordon Greer is hopeful of another visit to the Amex from a Premier League side.
The Seagulls have welcomed Newcastle United [twice] and Arsenal to the south coast in the FA Cup over the past two seasons, and the Albion skipper is hoping for a similar tie after disposing of Reading in the third round.*
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I would love another big club to come down to the Amex. We had it before with Newcastle, Liverpool and Sunderland down here so it would be great to get another big club and I am sure the fans would love that as well.
“It is a fantastic competition and the fans absolutely love it. We want to please the fans so we would obviously love to go and win the Cup but know what the chances of that happening are.
“However we would love a great run because it is a really great competition.”
The Scottish international believes the excellent display by some of the younger Albion players against Reading is extremely promising for the club.
“It bodes well for the future of the club because we have had guys who have stepped in and done a fantastic job, plus it is great for the squad as it gives the manager problems.*
“I thought young Solly March, Adam Chicksen and Jake Forster-Caskey had a great day's work and have done really well.
“But everybody played their part and it was a really good team performance and we more than deserved our win. I thought we could have won it by more, but we are through to the next round which is great.”
Meanwhile, the centre-back made his return from injury in the 1-0 win after a month's lay-off with a calf problem.
“It has been really frustrating as it is a small muscle problem but these things happen in football and it is down to each individual to deal with it the best they can and train hard when they get back.”*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports