Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Feeling Today

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Great performance from the 'B' team against a very poor Reading side. And, considering the small crowd and a good deal of newby's, a pretty good atmosphere too with a fair amount of singing. Nice.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I went with two old friends, and their sons and my son, on a Dads and Lads day. Really good day, lots of Harveys, a good game, and a great result

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I really enjoyed today's match too. Great to get into the next round and the team played well- lots of unfamiliar faces in WSU but they generally behaved themselves.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I thoroughly enjoyed it - just a shame we didn't win by a wider margin. Good to have an accurate attendance announcement as well.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I went with two old friends, and their sons and my son, on a Dads and Lads day. Really good day, lots of Harveys, a good game, and a great result

It was fun to see the new faces turn round in puzzlement when the WSU ran through their compendium of satirical pj chants and shouts. Loved it, but then I invariably do.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Only the second game I've seen this whole season where we've won. I have attended every home draw, and lose, and missed the other wins. So it was a great feeling!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There were some very pleasing aspects today. Maybe not the high-octane adrenaline rush of a winner against a Premier League team, but more deeply satisfying.

We have a good squad, there cannot be any doubt about that now. Eight changes and it was still a relative stroll against Reading for what looked an even contest on paper. Granted, they are a club in trouble at the moment on many levels, from boardroom uncertainty to transfer funds to manager to style of play to disgruntled and want-away players to a crippling injury list (about what ours was at its most dire). But the Brighton team put out played really well and the game should have been over at half-time, with us 3-0 or 4-0 up. Reading's only consolation was that were only one goal adrift. Compare their team with eight players injured with ours of supposedly similar strength, ours was miles better.

The Brighton management have also timed Solly March's introduction perfectly, they weren't rushed into baptising him too soon but haven't left it too late either. Nothing like a home-grown crowd-pleaser. Chicksen wasn't AS impressive as March, but still pretty solid.

Took my 10 yr old son today and a few of his mates. Although my son is an albion fanatic, his mates were a mix of the usual Arsenal, Chelsea, and Utd types who only support the teams they see on telly. They were absolutely shocked that Brighton had a team with a stadium like this. The look on their faces as we walked into the stadium was fantastic. All are now adorned with Colours and albion fans. Great day and enlightening for a new generation of seagull fans!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Talking of newbies, there was a woman behind me who turned to her fella and said

"why do they keep chanting **** off Palace? I thought they are playing Reading?"
To which the man quizzically replied.
"I don't know? Maybe there is a bit of rivalry because crystal palace won that playoff game? Bit strange though to be bringing up about Crystal palace now though. You are right."

:ffsparr:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It was great today. None of the usual stress and tension, funny how the cup has got like that. We usually sit in WSU, but went in ESU today. Great view, both of the pitch and the West Stand. Lots of newbies 'up for the cup' and a really good performance that showed the depth and quality of our squad.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Talking of newbies, there was a woman behind me who turned to her fella and said

"why do they keep chanting **** off Palace? I thought they are playing Reading?"
To which the man quizzically replied.
"I don't know? Maybe there is a bit of rivalry because crystal palace won that playoff game? Bit strange though to be bringing up about Crystal palace now though. You are right."

:ffsparr:

So hopefully they have seen enough to want to come back,my Albion history goes back to 1966 and jumping the East Stand fence at The Goldstone.They could become fans for life.

We have 24.000 season ticket holders,we cant control the number of away fans willing to pay and come.What we don't have enough of is floating punters prepared to pay on a match by match basis.If you find some seated by you....cherish them and make them feel welcome because we need their arses on otherwise empty seats.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Took my 10 yr old son today and a few of his mates. Although my son is an albion fanatic, his mates were a mix of the usual Arsenal, Chelsea, and Utd types who only support the teams they see on telly. They were absolutely shocked that Brighton had a team with a stadium like this. The look on their faces as we walked into the stadium was fantastic. All are now adorned with Colours and albion fans. Great day and enlightening for a new generation of seagull fans!

Well done sir.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Went in NSC today, as a change from WSU.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, although the view is nowhere near as good. Nice to stand all game too.

A good day out.

Arsenal or Everton away please.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So hopefully they have seen enough to want to come back,my Albion history goes back to 1966 and jumping the East Stand fence at The Goldstone.They could become fans for life.

We have 24.000 season ticket holders,we cant control the number of away fans willing to pay and come.What we don't have enough of is floating punters prepared to pay on a match by match basis.If you find some seated by you....cherish them and make them feel welcome because we need their arses on otherwise empty seats.

My two mates were both regulars back in the 70s, thinking about coming back with their sons, they both enjoyed it so much today

Mind you, that might have been the Harveys talking

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I took two g'kids today, who had only seen friendlies before. They thoroughly enjoyed the view & atmosphere of WSU. Really good day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here