Lorenzo Pinamonte

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Agustin Battipiedi, Cristian Baz

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Presumably you also took the time to post when Ulloa missed a sitter against Bournemouth.

It was a sitter. Barnes is great, and this is one of the best threads about Barnes I've read -- I've only got as far as 15 posts -- but he does need to get more clinical in front of goal. He needs a spell where things start to go for him, like they appear to be for Crofts this season. I really hope we sign him up asap, and get Ince while we're at it too. And Orlandi and Top Kat.

Deserves the support of fans as he's been fantastic for us since joining. He's still young and has scored more than 50 goals for our club. Some 'fans' attitudes are atrocious to Ashley and they should be ashamed of themselves. Really hope we keep him, but if we do sell, I hope the fans at that potential club appreciate him as they should. He has earned your support

I think I managed to give this a thumbs up, otherwise a big, fat, bold and large font THIS!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't like to break it to anyone, but Suarez, Rooney or Ibrahimovic are not going to be pulling on the blue and white stripes for a while.

Suarez would get slaughtered here. Sure, he scored twenty goals this season, but he took 88 shots. That mean he failed to score from 68 of his shots. He misses more than he scores. Some on here don't accept missing more than he scores from Barnes, so obviously they'd be on suarez's back, right?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Terrible miss by Barnes that was easier to score than hit the bar which could have cost us but he did head the ball back to Crofts for our winner so all is forgiven

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
If Barnes put away every chance he got he would not be playing for us. Simple. His awarness and intelligence is brilliant, and there is a reason we play better when he is in the side.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I know you don't deserve a response but do you not remember how close we came to promotion last year and Barnes played a considerable part of the season.

The season we were pushing for promotion and he got himself 2 back to back red cards whilst we were low on strikers? I remember it well...

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
For some reason we do seem to play better when he's in the side. His strength is definately with his back to goal.

If however we're going to play 1 striker, and he was very isolated today, I'd prefer it if that 1 striker was capable of hitting the target with an open goal and a free header.

His falling to the floor holding his head any time a defender gets anywhere near him is getting pretty tedious too.

Aug 23, 2011
The season we were pushing for promotion and he got himself 2 back to back red cards whilst we were low on strikers? I remember it well...

I didn't say he was perfect, although his temperament seems to have improved. I was responding to the point that no team could challenge for promotion with him in the team which is complete rubbish as we did.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Brilliant AGAIN today, we would be mad to sell him or not give him a new contract! He helped us win all 3 points today!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[SUP][/SUP]Utterly superb today - MoM if he'd put that header away. He must've been shattered at the end of the game - he was one of our main defenders at set pieces then had to bomb it down the other end when we won it back. Runs his arse off for the side week after week and his link up play is steadily improving. Far more intelligent a player than he is given credit for.

Put the goal on a plate for Crofty and should've had a 2nd assist but Kemy decided to take 7 hours to shoot.

Keep up the good work Ash.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here