Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnes

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
His work rate and attitude are 100% and he always warrants his place in the team IMO and is often MOM or close to whenever I watch Brighton play.

However he should have scored the header today, basically he isn't a striker IMO. I'm not sure what position I would play him, AM I guess, but there needs to be someone more 'clinical' in front of goal.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
MOM for sure today, although I can understand why they gave it to March. His hold up play is great, and when we're on the back foot he takes a lot of pressure off our defence by winning free kicks.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Couldn't agree more. Today he held the ball up really well, laid it on to others countless times. Won several free kicks to relieve pressure on the defence and took a battering from the centre halves.

Is he finally winning the fans over?

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I agree he should be expected to take that chance but it wasn't necessarily the 'sitter' that is being claimed. Firstly it came to him unexpectedly and at pace from the bar and also the reading defender did well to get across him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Couldn't agree more. Today he held the ball up really well, laid it on to others countless times. Won several free kicks to relieve pressure on the defence and took a battering from the centre halves.

Is he finally winning the fans over?

I wish! I have 3 Barnes Boo Boys sitting behind me, never a mention of anything good he does but carp on without fail about any mistake.

Brainless bigotry.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I wish! I have 3 Barnes Boo Boys sitting behind me, never a mention of anything good he does but carp on without fail about any mistake.

Brainless bigotry.

I get lots of this too!

There's a guy behind me the crucifies Barnes, constantly shouts 'move the ball' for no apparent reason and tactically never left the mid seventies.

It'll always be the way though, no matter what the club.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Presumably you also took the time to post when Ulloa missed a sitter against Bournemouth.

He wouldn't be alone. It's not unusual to have:

Radio: Barnes plays ulloa in... Ulloa just wide. The argentinian will feel he should have done better there.
Match thread: ...
Radio: Barnes on the ball again, holds off the defender, pokes it through for Buckley on the overlap, buckley well wide with the shot. Buckley under pressure there.
Radio: Lopez with the cross field pass, Barnes heads it down, Lualua skies his shot. The ball seemed to bounce up awkwardly just as he hit it
Radio: Ulloa shoots! straight at the keeper who parries it out, Barnes... wide! Great chance missed there by Barnes.
Match thread: FFS, barnes. Always misses. Why does he keep playing.
Other poster (often me): What about all those other misses from other players?
Match thread: You're such a Barnes lover, aren't you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here