Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading "hooligans"

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
From where I was in south end of the WSL I could see about 25 Reading fans doing the "if only this barrier and these stewards weren't here we'd kill you" routine, and one of them in particular (wearing a long tan coat) spent the whole match gesticulating and screaming at the SW corner bunch. So it was beautiful at the final whistle when they did a pathetic little surge and tan coat man got grabbed round the neck and dragged out by a steward. What was it like in the SW corner near this "scary" mob?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There looked to be about 5 ejected in the first half from the Reading end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Darren Balkham ‏@Suspolfootball 2h
two arrests in the away end for criminal damage to a seat and throwing it at a fellow reading fan.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Saw a few of them carted off by the OB on the railway bridge at around 6pm -- they were giving it large and doing the usual homophobic stuff. They looked fairly harmless tbh.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
2 were arrested after causing criminal damage by ripping a seat off, then throwing it at another Reading fan according to Darren Balkham on Twitter.

Pwopa nawty that lot :facepalm:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought reading fans were proper tinpot today. Even aside from the 20 Danny dyers in the corner chants about winning the league when they are mid table in the championship were cringe worthy. Would expect more noise from 2k away fans but our domination largely silenced them

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You'd think they'd have been over the moon to be out of Reading. Perhaps it was the thought of having to back there.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They really were tinpot, so easy to wind up, and will be back at sixth form on Monday. They were never going to cross the line of stewards.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Listen you slaaaaags. I know some of Reading's Top Boys so don't give them no disrespect.

No one takes the mickey with the Waitrose Massiv, Savvy? I know someone who got a bit lippy with them and they were left in a heap afterwards with only a John Lewis loyalty card and a half drunk bottle of Prosecco as evidence that they'd been given a bit of a slap. They're like ninjas, except they drive Range Rover Evokes.

Gawd Bless the Queen Mum and Heston Blumenthal

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Saw that from ESU , they looked about 12 at most :D

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
We were SW corner and they were hilarious. We were mocking their wanna be attitude.

The amusing thing is that I love in Reading and used to work in the bars and recognised some of them - they wouldn't say boo to a goose if that barrier wasn't there and tan man was quiet as anything at the station when we walked passed to the car

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Lots of young danny dyer types jumping around waving there arms about,few older brighton fans done an excellent job of teasing and baiting them to the point of them getting thrown out,joy to watch!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The homophobia is so yesterday :yawn:

Jimmy Grimble

They were utter utter tinpot. Doubt they've ever been anywhere near a fight and would melt instantly if confronted on their own. The highlight was one of them angrily shouting "we're not kids!" after a Brighton fan told they were a bunch of wannabe kids :lolol:.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It was the Brighton fan in the tan coat you had to look out for!!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Thought reading fans were proper tinpot today. Even aside from the 20 Danny dyers in the corner chants about winning the league when they are mid table in the championship were cringe worthy. Would expect more noise from 2k away fans but our domination largely silenced them

This, entirely this. I was in S1G, so right by them. They were the most pathetic bunch of twats I have ever witnessed. When our fans were chanting, they'd hold their hands to their ears as if they couldn't hear. But it was literally just them chanting, and what they were chanting; **** me. Reading fans, get some chants. None of them work, some sounded so shit and incoherent, I couldn't figure it out. "We all follow the reading over land and sea, then something over something" but because that bit is put into fast forward, you can't hear it.

Only mustered 10 of you to chant "we wanna go home", and then at the end was hilarious. It was "HOLD ME BACK, I'M GONNA SMACK HIM" type stuff. The fella in the beige/tan coat, you really needed a slap. You were leaning forward arms spread but walking backwards at the end. You wouldn't square up to preying mantis, let alone a fellow human. And the fella in the bobble hat, he was hilarious. Whining to the supervisor that they were being called wankers just after they were slapping their asses.

Pathetic, but then again when you have Adkins as a manager, the wanker-ness spreads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here