Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton v Reading cup player ratings

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Surely people are starting to get home and ready to log on and give us their thoughts by now

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Good all round display. Should have been out of sight by half time.

Chicksen and March did well.

8 for everyone.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Brez 7
Calderon 6
El abd 7
Greer 6
Chicksen 6
Andrews 8
Crofts 7
March 8
Forster c 7
Agustien 7
Barnes 6

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
brez- 7
calde- 7
greer- 6
el abd- 7
chicksen- 7
Andrews- 6
crofts- 7.5
forster caskey- 8
agustein- 7
march- 8
barnes- 6.5

largely solid overall hence the many 7's but march and forster caskey had really good games IMO. greers passing was a bit slack at times and the ball bouned off barnes a bit but was solid on the whole.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
brez- 7
calde- 7
greer- 6
el abd- 7
chicksen- 7
Andrews- 6
crofts- 7.5
forster caskey- 8
agustein- 7
march- 8
barnes- 6.5

largely solid overall hence the many 7's but march and forster caskey had really good games IMO. greers passing was a bit slack at times and the ball bouned off barnes a bit but was solid on the whole.
Barnes was incredible today apart from the missed header!

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
brez- 7
calde- 7
greer- 6
el abd- 7
chicksen- 7
Andrews- 6
crofts- 7.5
forster caskey- 8
agustein- 7
march- 8
barnes- 6.5

Barnes 6.5?!?!
We must have been at different games.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Gk Brezovan 7 - very assured performance.
RB Calderon 6.5 - defended better today than Wednesday.
Lb Chicksen 7 - Played well considering our lop sided formation with no real protection from midfield.
Cb El-Abd 7 - Not a lot went past him.
Cb Greer 6.5 - Good sixty minutes for the skipper.
Cm Andrews - 7 another who had a good game.
Cm Crofts 7.5 MOTM equal as good attacking as breaking up play.
Cm Forster-Caskey 7 - creative and always probing for openings.
Lm Agustein - 6 - There's a quality player somewhere, just hasn't delivered consistently for us.
Rm March - 7 Encouraging debut.
Str Barnes - 7 led the line well, glaring miss with the follow up header.

Subs
Orlandi - 7 Class act
Dunk - 7 Really impressed for the last 30 minutes
Lua-Lua 7.5 not on for long but two outrageous pieces of skill were a delight to watch.

A good solid team performance. Reading were atrocious first half, improved second half but we were still relatively comfortable.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Don't think I could individually rate them.

But, Brez had a fairly good game, wasn't tested a huge amount of times but made some good saves. March was brilliant, definitely looked like he has been in the squad all season, I felt he wasn't afraid to run at the full back and made some good crosses. Chicksen was pretty good, I thought at times his positioning could have been a little better, but with more game time he's gonna be good. Like March, these two youngsters need more game time, they've got a lot of potential. Barnes didn't have a great game, but he wasn't that poor. JFC, a good game, was getting forward when needed.

JFC, March and Chicksen deserve bench places for league games, they need to be introduced to league competitions. March deserved the MOM.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brez 7 Good solid game
Calde 7 Didn't do much wrong, got forward well
Greer 7 Pretty solid, distribution better than usual
El Abd 7 Ditto
Chicksen 7 Lively game, got forward well - particularly in second half
Andrews 8 Excellent game, like he hadn't been away
Crofts 7 Worked hard as usual, took his goal well
Agustien 6 Some nice touches but seemed scared of shooting and
Forster-Caskey 7 Worked hard and won some good ball
March 8 We'll see more of this lad, some great attacking play
Barnes 8 MoM for me. Worked his socks off, some great lay-offs, constantly involved

Subs
Orlandi 6 Welcome back, bit slow to react to a cross but some skillful touches
Dunk 7 Nearly scored with his first touch, nothing fancy after that
Lua Lua 8 Some strong running and loved his piss-taking towards the end

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Good all round performance.
Highlights being solly and chicksen both stepping up and putting in great shifts. Thought AEA was superb really strong and dominated at the back and great to see GG back.
Mom for me was Barnes who could of had a couple and was a handful all game, wish he could get his contract sorted we can't afford to lose him.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Gk Brezovan 7 - very assured performance.
RB Calderon 6.5 - defended better today than Wednesday.
Lb Chicksen 7 - Played well considering our lop sided formation with no real protection from midfield.
Cb El-Abd 7 - Not a lot went past him.
Cb Greer 6.5 - Good sixty minutes for the skipper.
Cm Andrews - 7 another who had a good game.
Cm Crofts 7.5 MOTM equal as good attacking as breaking up play.
Cm Forster-Caskey 7 - creative and always probing for openings.
Lm Agustein - 6 - There's a quality player somewhere, just hasn't delivered consistently for us.
Rm March - 7 Encouraging debut.
Str Barnes - 7 led the line well, glaring miss with the follow up header.

Subs
Orlandi - 7 Class act
Dunk - 7 Really impressed for the last 30 minutes
Lua-Lua 7.5 not on for long but two outrageous pieces of skill were a delight to watch.

A good solid team performance. Reading were atrocious first half, improved second half but we were still relatively comfortable.

Bit harsh on Agustein, I personally feel he was one of our best players before going off. He was constantly looking for the ball. He made some very good chances, including starting the move which resulted in out goal.

To me, he looks quality already and just needs a run in the team to push on from here.

Agustein 8 for me.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We should have won by two or three clear goals, but once again found it easier to hit the woodwork than hit the net. And what the feck was Agustein doing in the 1st half when he had the goal at his mercy and decided to switch feet ... ans subsequently missed?? We do need to sharpen up on our shooting. Thought that a few times we really slowed the game down to a crawl when we should have been injecting more urgency into proceedings.
Overall a decent enough game to watch and good that we can play so well even with so many changes to the starting line-up.
Great to see March given a start. Excellent performance from him. Hope his injury wasn't serious. Definitely a hot prospect.

Brezovan 7. Did what he had to do well enough with a couple of decent saves and a good punch-out. Distribution OK.
Calderon 5. OK, but made me a bit nervous at times due to his lack of speed.
Greer 7. Did OK for his first game back. Some of his distribution poor.
El Abd 7. Better than his recent performances, but he needs to quicken things up when he has the ball.
Chicksen 7. Knocked off the ball once or twice and a couple of poor passes, but overall a decent enough performance.
Andrews 7. Started off very well with a couple of great shots. Overall a good performance, except for a "hammondesque" tendency to pass backwards at times when there are forward options.
Crofts 8. Very good all round performance and a well taken goal.
JFC 5. Thought he went missing for much of the game. Some of his movement too slow for this standard of football.
Agustein 6. Some nice touches, but yet to demonstrate his full potential. Should have scored with empty net in front of him.
March 8. Great performance. Correctly called as MOM by the match sponsors. Hope injury not serious.
Barnes 8. Held the ball up really well. Worked hard. Excellent.

Subs:
Dunk 7. Did OK, particularly as has seen so little first team action.
Orlandi 7. Looked good. Can't wait to see him starting games again.
Lua Lua 7. Did well enough in his short time on the pitch.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bit harsh on Agustein, I personally feel he was one of our best players before going off. He was constantly looking for the ball. He made some very good chances, including starting the move which resulted in out goal.

To me, he looks quality already and just needs a run in the team to push on from here.

Agustein 8 for me.

Maybe, I just get the feeling there is so much more in him, then his currently producing. I think he will continue to divide opinion whilst producing hit & miss performances.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Agustein 8 for me.
6 about right only can use his left foot fails to get involved enough

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
6 about right only can use his left foot fails to get involved enough

The left foot thing is right and was frustrating when he didn't pull the trigger, but he was the only one looking for the ball at a lot of points in the game today so the "getting involved" point is harsh.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Just a couple of my thoughts:

Chicksen had an ok game, made me appreciate just how good Ward is and how blessed we've been in the last 18 months at left back.

March had a great 1st half. Faded in the 2nd half and looked exhausted after 60 minutes. Expect to see him sparingly between now and the end of the season (not at all if we get Conway).

Kemy is obviously talented but still looks to be carrying some timber. Also, if he miss places a pass, then it's the fault of whoever he's passing to! Doesn't like the defensive side which makes him look lazy.

For me, Barnes was the stand out performer today. He lead the line brilliantly.

Reading were poor today. Lets hope when they return in the league they turn in an equally lacklustre display.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Brezovan - 7 Made a couple of good saves and was very good with crosses that came in. Should start the next game with that performance.
Calderon - 7
Chicksen - 7
El-Abd - 7
Greer - 7
Andrews - 7
Crofts - 8 A usual Croft performance. Worked very hard.
Forster-Caskey - 7
Agustein - 6 He's not a winger and is wasted there.
March - 8 My MOTM
Barnes - 7 Held the ball up well and set up a few chances. Should have scored from the header.

Subs
Orlandi - 7
Dunk - 7
LuaLua - 7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here