Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great team selection from Oscar

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Gave some of the reserve players a chance to prove themselves- Chicksen, JFC, March
Gave some key players a rest- Kuszczak, Ince, Ulloa, Ward
Gave some players returning from injury some minutes- Greer, Orlandi, Andrews

We played some great stuff in the 1st half especially and fully deserved the win. A very enjoyable afternoon.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gave some of the reserve players a chance to prove themselves- Chicksen, JFC, March

We played some great stuff in the 1st half especially and fully deserved the win. A very enjoyable afternoon.

Agreed. Andrews looks like a ready made bridcutt replacement.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agreed. Andrews looks like a ready made bridcutt replacement.

Very much so. Has a great shot on him too, lets hope he can recapture some of his form from earlier in the season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

What a lovely, but ignored, thread.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This is where I sometimes feel sorry for managers. If we'd lost everyone would be shouting that we should have played a stronger team. But if we had they would be complaining that the kids never get a run out.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
This is where I sometimes feel sorry for managers. If we'd lost everyone would be shouting that we should have played a stronger team. But if we had they would be complaining that the kids never get a run out.

Totally this. Some people just seem to have moaning as their default setting.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The only I didn't agree with was Kusz - he's hardly played recently, and could've done with some game time. That said, Brez played very well.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
i think its fair to Brez, he played well when he had to replace Kuszczak, so he deserved another chance in the fa cup. Kusz wasn't on the bench so probably enjoyed the weekend off

I agree, and I actually think he's pushing Kuszczak closer than a lot of people think. I know Kuszczak is a great shot stopper, but (applying the much-used "Kuipers Principle") his kicking is getting worse and worse. The amount of times he plants the ball out of play or straight to the opposition is getting a little silly and Brezovan has really impressed me of late.

On the positivity front, I don't think Oscar gets as much credit as he deserves. Brave line-up on Saturday and rightly deserves plaudits for managing this very hectic three weeks very effectively.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The only I didn't agree with was Kusz - he's hardly played recently, and could've done with some game time. That said, Brez played very well.
Agree partly, but I think it's probably good for Brez to get a clean sheet under his belt after conceding 3 and getting dropped, hopefully give him a bit of confidence should he be called on again this season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree, and I actually think he's pushing Kuszczak closer than a lot of people think. I know Kuszczak is a great shot stopper, but (applying the much-used "Kuipers Principle") his kicking is getting worse and worse. The amount of times he plants the ball out of play or straight to the opposition is getting a little silly and Brezovan has really impressed me of late.

On the positivity front, I don't think Oscar gets as much credit as he deserves. Brave line-up on Saturday and rightly deserves plaudits for managing this very hectic three weeks very effectively.

Missed that. Yep completely agree, Brez seems to have improved his handling as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here