Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peregrine falcon seen at the Amex

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Literally just as half time whistle blew one landed on the big white support in WSU that sticks out above D block.

Can't see if it has jesses on or not but if it's a wild one it is an important landmark and mile stone for our stadium!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ideal spot for catching pigeons. Great stuff.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There is a pair that live around Southwick Downs. Could be one of them. Always a fine sight to behold.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hopefully the Peregrine (a classy native bird of prey) is a genuine resident of The Amex - unlike that adopted non-native raptor used to fright the vermin at Selhurst.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
There are 3 known pairs in Brighton, one at RSCH, one at Sussex Heights and a pair at Shoreham/ Southwick.

The one here won't be one of those pairs as it's outside their respective territories, unless it's an offspring of one of those pairs.

Recognised as the fastest animal on the planet when in stoop, a magnificent creature and one of my favourites as you can probably tell.

And it's still perched there looking ready to roost :)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fantastic sight, thanks for sharing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a portent....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
More likely to be a buzzard or merlin isn't it?

I know birds of prey. Trust me. A buzzard is a hawk and will not be seen anywhere near here, a Merlin isn't much bigger than a sparrow and eats insects. This is definitely a Peregrine. And it's still sitting there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know birds of prey. Trust me. A buzzard is a hawk and will not be seen anywhere near here, a Merlin isn't much bigger than a sparrow and eats insects. This is definitely a Peregrine. And it's still sitting there.

That's all we need, he sounds like a typical Guardian reading upper class knob.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a Peregrine Falcon.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
They are hired in for pest control but not normally during a game so probably a wild one

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
That's all we need, he sounds like a typical Guardian reading upper class knob.

Ooh, that's interesting, Mr Vegster here has managed to fail miserably at socially profiling me from one post. Come on then, how did you you come to that conclusion about me? Actually, profile me here and now and tell me all about myself seeing as you all about me.

Or you can stop being a dick.

Decisions decisions eh?.......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ooh, that's interesting, Mr Vegster here has managed to fail miserably at socially profiling me from one post. Come on then, how did you you come to that conclusion about me? Actually, profile me here and now and tell me all about myself seeing as you all about me.

Or you can stop being a dick.

Decisions decisions eh?.......

Calm down dear, I was refering to this Peregrine chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here