Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Update

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
This was the email I received this morning from Paul Barber regarding the latest on what is being done about SP...

SEAGULLS PLAYER UPDATE

Dear Supporter,

As outlined in my message to Seagulls Player subscribers before Christmas, previous service levels - going back a very long period – and despite the best efforts of the club's staff, these have been unacceptable.

Following the most recent issues surrounding drop outs during the live match commentary at Middlesbrough, we informed both the Football League and PERFORM that our patience, and that of our fans, had finally run out and we demanded urgent action to improve the service.

In fairness, and as we would expect, both The Football League and PERFORM responded professionally and promptly to our concerns and pledged to resolve the issue as soon as possible. They are confident they have now correctly identified the issue as a likely hardware problem, and they upgraded key equipment before Christmas.

For the four matches over the Christmas period, I hope you will agree that we have seen a significant improvement in the service. The challenge for the Football League and its partner PERFORM is to maintain this level of service for every match moving forward.

However, should further problems arise, the club has also invested in the hardware and software to provide a back-up system - as we feel it is unfair for our fans to commit the time and money to follow the team in this way and not be provided with the service as expected. We hope we will not need to use this back-up system, but should it be necessary a link will be provided via the Audio Commentary page of Seagulls Player and other methods.

In addition to the actions they have taken to improve the hardware, PERFORM have, through the club, formally apologised to Seagulls Player subscribers and made a compensation payment to the club.

We wish to pass on the compensation to Seagulls Player subscribers in full. As such, and as a gesture to recognise the poor service you have experienced for some considerable time, you are entitled to a refund equivalent to the value of three months’ subscription fees. (or the number of full months you have been a subscriber, if less than three months).

To claim your refund you will need to write to write to us by Friday 17th January 2014.

Requests should be sent to: Seagulls Player Refund, Brighton & Hove Albion FC, The American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton BN1 9BL.

Please ensure you state your full name, address and email address linked to your Seagulls Player account in order for us to verify your claim. Refunds will then be sent by cheque (in pounds sterling) to your registered address.

Alternatively, you may wish to consider donating this sum to Albion in the Community, Brighton & Hove Albion's charitable arm. If you decide to do this, then you do not need to do anything, as all unclaimed refunds will be automatically donated to AITC after 17th January 2014. Funds donated in this way will be channelled towards AITC's disability programme, and in particular the Albion Power Chair team.

The sum of £500 will pay for a young disabled person to join and play for one of AITC’s impairment specific sports teams for a whole season, while £5000 will pay for AITC to run a disability community sports club in Sussex. These young players and clubs rely on the generosity and support of donors, as many could not afford to play sport without their help – so any donation you may be able to make will be gratefully received.

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Kind Regards,
Paul Barber
Chief Executive

I have unsubscribed from SP and will remain so until at least the beginning of next season.

Whats the general feeling and opinion from other subscribers on here?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So is that for former subscribers or just current ones? I'm assuming it's only current ones.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It took someone like Paul Barber to kick ass , we were being given the run-around by several parties who were either blaming each other or sweeping it under the carpet. I wont be asking for a refund as the compensation payment made to the club will benefit AITC and I see it as a worthy donation to help others less fortunate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The service has improved considerably since these changes were implemented and I have not experienced an issue with it since then, other than from my rubbish internet connection.

I have not received any emails from the club regarding the service, only those that have been posted on here. But my refund can go to AITC anyway, so that's fine.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So Perform only acted after Barber kicked ass. Disgraceful customer service and I for one won't be re-subscribing this season. There should have been compensation to customers and a donation to AITC. They have been let off lightly.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nicely done.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Strikes me that the club have deliberately made it a bit of a hassle to collect refunds. But as the aim of that seems to be to drive the money towards AITC, I don't really have a problem with it. Fair play to Barber for making stuff happen, but as others have said, it's not great that it took personal intervention from the CEO to get a paid service to perform (no pun intended) to the level it should have been at all along for customers.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
A great effort from PB and the club! While I'm happy to have my refund donated to AITC, it does seem I (and probably many others) have little choice as the method to claim a refund is pretty much impossible to use for us overseas fans.

This isn't a moan, just an observation, like I said, it's a great effort from the club. Well done PB.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
That's all well and good but the App is still crap and dosen't start until the match is underway, which means you never get the build up like you'd get on the pc or am I the only one who has this problem.
I have emailed the club and been told this would also be sorted out but it hasn't.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Good show Barber for getting both the service sorted out and the refund. My share will go to AITC.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
That's all well and good but the App is still crap and dosen't start until the match is underway, which means you never get the build up like you'd get on the pc or am I the only one who has this problem.
I have emailed the club and been told this would also be sorted out but it hasn't.

I still have the app and yes, it is the same for me. The commentary kept dropping for the Bournemouth game to the extent that I switched it off!

The app should be the same as SP and start with the match build up which is as integral to me as the match commentary is. I want to know the starting line up at least. The app commentary kicks in about 2 minutes after KO which is crap!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Well handled, top marks.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It took someone like Paul Barber to kick ass , we were being given the run-around by several parties who were either blaming each other or sweeping it under the carpet. I wont be asking for a refund as the compensation payment made to the club will benefit AITC and I see it as a worthy donation to help others less fortunate.

this

So Perform only acted after Barber kicked ass. Disgraceful customer service and I for one won't be re-subscribing this season. There should have been compensation to customers and a donation to AITC. They have been let off lightly.

and this

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6108581 said:
A great effort from PB and the club! While I'm happy to have my refund donated to AITC, it does seem I (and probably many others) have little choice as the method to claim a refund is pretty much impossible to use for us overseas fans.

This isn't a moan, just an observation, like I said, it's a great effort from the club. Well done PB.

can someone explain to me and the many others who complained about this service to club representatives for years and got nowhere and suddenly when they start losing revenue something happens makes that good effort look a little desperate

maybe my "heads should roll" comment hit the mark somewhere

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
maybe my "heads should roll" comment hit the mark somewhere

Or alternatively a polite email to Paul Barber summarising the situation on behalf of a number of NSC members who collectively threatened to cancel SP might have worked instead?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Or alternatively a polite email to Paul Barber summarising the situation on behalf of a number of NSC members who collectively threatened to cancel SP might have worked instead?

I DID THE MONTH BEFORE THE INFAMOUS REMARK on ask the club and got the same answer I always got
and he was contacted many times about this
once initially by me some 7 years ago

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I DID THE WEEK BEFORE THE INFAMOUS REMARK on ask the club and got the same answer I always got
and he was contacted many times about this
once initially by me some 7 years ago

Perhaps it's the way you say it?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Perhaps it's the way you say it?

I don't think my post on "ask the club" on the 6/10/2013 was at all rude or nasty
and because it happened again some weeks later is why the "Heads should role" comment
its a service I paid for all other communications were ignored who else should I have gone to, as I said it is called "seagulls player"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here