Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only fools and horses

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
BBC reporting delboy and Rodney are to return for the first time in more than 10 years.
Can't wait for that

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oh dear. Never go back. A 70 year old Delboy just won't seem right.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
One of those comedies that went on too long in my opinion. They should have stopped after the episode when Del and Rodney became rich. With the whole "this time next year we'll be millionaires" thing it would have been the perfect time to stop. Started to go downhill after that.

theboybilly

Are they that short of ideas? OFAH was of it's time. I thought the early shows with 'Grandad' were pretty dire at times and the series only picked up (for me) when Uncle Albert joined the cast. The Jolly Boys Outing was perhaps the finest episode of the entire run. But so much was average and David Jason has reprised the role in everything he's done since, even Jack Frost.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Talk about money for old rope. I am a massive fools and horses fan but the truth is, they should never have made anymore after they became millionaires. After all that was the catchphrase for the history of the program. All the ones after that, were quite frankly a load of crap.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Delboy should take the elderly Godfather part. Rodders the exasperated lieutenant, and James Buckley (from the Inbetweeners) as Rodney's son Damian. This lineup could lead to all sorts of mirth with the right writing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are they that short of ideas? OFAH was of it's time. I thought the early shows with 'Grandad' were pretty dire at times and the series only picked up (for me) when Uncle Albert joined the cast. The Jolly Boys Outing was perhaps the finest episode of the entire run. But so much was average and David Jason has reprised the role in everything he's done since, even Jack Frost.

I thought the best of OFAH was when it moved to a longer program and the early romance of Rodney and Cassandra, some of the episodes were legendary.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Delboy should take the elderly Godfather part. Rodders the exasperated lieutenant, and James Buckley (from the Inbetweeners) as Rodney's son Damian. This lineup could lead to all sorts of mirth with the right writing.

Rodney never had a son, he had a daughter named after his mother Joan.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Rodney never had a son, he had a daughter named after his mother Joan.

:facepalm: Am I supposed to remember everything at my age? Of course he didn't, should have been Delboys Son.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought the best of OFAH was when it moved to a longer program and the early romance of Rodney and Cassandra, some of the episodes were legendary.

That was the same era. The jolly boys outing was when Del met Rachel again, working as a magician's assistant, wasn't it?

The finest ever moment was arguably the end of the chandelier episode, which was in the first series (with grandad). Although Del falling through the bar is another classic moment.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
My favourite was series 6 and then the Christmas specials from the 'jolly boys outing', to 'fatal extraction.'

One I would like to see back is Men Behaving Badly. Awesome show.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My favourite OFAH sequence ever, by quite a long way

[YT]RiIIkQO95z4[/YT]

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have to confess I do prefer the older ones, with the original Grandad in them. They somehow seem a little less polished and a lot more raw. Obviously the chandelier is a classic, but the one where Rodney leaves Dell to set up a partnership with Micky Pearce and the one where Grandad pretends he is dying in order to get a new flat are classics for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No. Just no. Let it be.

Absolutely this.

They should have stopped after Del and Rodney got rich and walked off into the sunset, that was a perfect ending.

Everything since has just ruined the legacy that bit more.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Cant agree there mate. I thought every single episode was brilliant. Jolly boys outing was one of the best but they were all brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here