Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking the law into your own hands

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
In order to take this discussion away from the Lee Rigby thread ( http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?282794-R-I-P-Lee-Rigby ) as per OP and Mods request i ask you this.

Is it right to take the law into your own hands? Michael Adebowale, one of Lee Rigbys killers, has allegedly been beaten by some of his prison wardens recently.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is pretty much inevitable when feelings run so high. Sutcliffe was blinded in one eye, Huntley has been given several savage beatings and lots of others have been left unsupervised deliberately for a while. I do not condone it but it pleased me Adebowale got a beating. Probably not right but never mind.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As you said on the other thread, there are no laws that make beatings in prison acceptable and from a moral point of view we shouldn't stoop to their level.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it is pretty much inevitable when feeling run so high. Sutcliffe was blinded in one eye, Huntley has been given several savage beatings and lots of others have been left unsupervised deliberately for a while. I do not condone it but it pleased me Adebowale got a beating. Probably not right but never mind.

Pretty much this it should not really happen however if you break the law in such a despicable way you have to accept the consequences of your individual actions.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As you said on the other thread, there are no laws that make beatings in prison acceptable and from a moral point of view we shouldn't stoop to their level.

Human Nature.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Having said that, there is a vindictive side of me that says he deserves it and he most probably does but we have to be above this.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I think it is pretty much inevitable when feeling run so high. Sutcliffe was blinded in one eye, Huntley has been given several savage beatings and lots of others have been left unsupervised deliberately for a while. I do not condone it but it pleased me Adebowale got a beating. Probably not right but never mind.

Huntley is in belmarsh as well as adebowale. Also the muderer of baby P

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I suppose it's wrong, but i can not muster up any sympathy for the brutal killer of Drummer Rigby. He should have been hanged imo.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Human Nature.

We are an advanced species and shouldn't have to resort to primal acts of violence. They did that, so we should lock them up for life and not allow it to happen again. We cannot condemn what they did then encourage or turn a blind eye to violence against them. The righteous man has to be above his enemy's wrongdoings.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I suppose it's wrong, but i can not muster up any sympathy for the brutal killer of Drummer Rigby. He should have been hanged imo.

Why hang him ? He said himself in court that he wanted to be killed by the police. Capital Punishment just gives him what he wants so he dies a martyr.

On topic, it cant be justified as being morally right - but it is karma I guess. I have no sympathy for Abowhateverhisnameis - but for the Wardens/Guards dishing out the beatings - they should really know better and would it be worth it if they get sacked because of it ?

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle

I have no sympathy in the slightest for him- he is a despicable excuse for a human being who killed an innocent man because of his warped view of 'religion'. However, I do feel incidents like this are playing into his hands- enhancing his reputation as a 'martyr' and giving him yet more publicity. He should be locked up and forgotten about IMO

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why hang him ? He said himself in court that he wanted to be killed by the police. Capital Punishment just gives him what he wants so he dies a martyr.

On topic, it cant be justified as being morally right - but it is karma I guess. I have no sympathy for Abowhateverhisnameis - but for the Wardens/Guards dishing out the beatings - they should really know better and would it be worth it if they get sacked because of it ?

I'm not really bothered what the fellow who killed Lee Rigby wanted, his wishes etc, or that he might be seen as a martyr. He took a life, no doubts, he admitted it, he should have hanged imo.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Hoping Ian Watkins get a brutal kicking
He won't for a while as he's in the security cell in Wakefield with 6 others in the basement. Levi Bellfield, Mark Bridger, Robert John Maudsley, Mick Philpott, Roy Whiting and Charles Bronson.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm not really bothered what the fellow who killed Lee Rigby wanted, his wishes etc, or that he might be seen as a martyr. He took a life, no doubts, he admitted it, he should have hanged imo.

He always has the option of hanging himself if he is that serious about it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

But it was his wish to be killed - why would you grant that wish ?

Prison will probably end up killing him anyway, but it's going to be hell for him no doubt. That's a more fitting punishment than death which is a cowards way out.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think it is pretty much inevitable when feelings run so high. Sutcliffe was blinded in one eye, Huntley has been given several savage beatings and lots of others have been left unsupervised deliberately for a while. I do not condone it but it pleased me Adebowale got a beating. Probably not right but never mind.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here