Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre PC TV

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There are alot of complaints on here about the new sitcoms being shit, how would the stuff we were watching in the 60`s and 70`s realy go down today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrFzWJX3hro

I think there's always veen bad sitcoms. You tend to only remember the really good ones, and maybe the really bad ones. There are actually very few British ones over the years that I would call classically good. I think the only one for me that I don't tire of (and the subject has not dated), is the original Yes Minister/Prime Minister. There are some that were ok at the time - I seem to remember liking Allo Allo when I was younger and it was new, but now it just seems awful.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I liked Ever Decreasing Circles and 2.4 Children when they started but like most sit coms they soon ran out of ideas.

I think there's always veen bad sitcoms. You tend to only remember the really good ones, and maybe the really bad ones. There are actually very few British ones over the years that I would call classically good. I think the only one for me that I don't tire of (and the subject has not dated), is the original Yes Minister/Prime Minister. There are some that were ok at the time - I seem to remember liking Allo Allo when I was younger and it was new, but now it just seems awful.

Exactly this - similar way of thinking that says every piece of music made in the '60's is a classic and everything since then is rubbish.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Exactly this - similar way of thinking that says every piece of music made in the '60's is a classic and everything since then is rubbish.

Very well put.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here