Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help required please.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
For all you Mac Book users out there a simple question I hope, I have decided to buy a Mac book, should I buy Mac book Air or Pro and why ?.

Many thanks for your help.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For all you Mac Book users out there a simple question I hope, I have decided to buy a Mac book, should I buy Mac book Air or Pro and why ?.

Many thanks for your help.

Depends what you plan to use it on. I had a MacBook Air for work, and found it a bit underpowered at time, once you had Microsoft Office suite open (with Outlook), and the 13" screen was a pain for me. However for light use or if you travel a lot, ideal I'd say.

Macbook Pro higher powered, and of course 15-17" screen size if that matters

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Depends what you plan to use it on. I had a MacBook Air for work, and found it a bit underpowered at time, once you had Microsoft Office suite open (with Outlook), and the 13" screen was a pain for me. However for light use or if you travel a lot, ideal I'd say.

Macbook Pro higher powered, and of course 15-17" screen size if that matters

MacBook Pros do not come with 17" screens any more. 15" is tops now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
MacBook Pros do not come with 17" screens any more. 15" is tops now.

My bad. I tend not to look at the Apple site too much, as can be dangerous. Infact having done so, drew my attention to their current 0% finance deal !

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have MacBook Air - suits me fine for Photoshop, iMovie, word processing and a bit of web design.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My bad. I tend not to look at the Apple site too much, as can be dangerous. Infact having done so, drew my attention to their current 0% finance deal !

:thumbsup:

Luckily they haven't released a 17" MacBook Air as I'd probably want that!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And does anyone use iMovie version 10?

I couldn't understand the new version and have to downgrade...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you have the money go for the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display, it's a really powerful of a laptop with a good CPU and GPU but also thin, light and portable. When I purchased mine there was simply no competition on the market and that justified the higher price tag, I have NO idea if anything has changed in this regard.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here