Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder & Lightning Here In BN1

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey! that wasn't forecast. Wonder which of the rail network's electricity sub-stations will be taken out first? My bet's on the Three Bridges one. Should give them the rest of the day's worth of excuses.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P took the dog out for a run about 10 minutes before it started. Am I wrong to laugh?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apparently the Arun has burst its banks at Arundel in an area is NOT designed for flooding. As many will know a huge amount of land is designed to act as water meadows and take on board all this extra water. It would seem that the tidal surge, high tide and flood water has impacted and flooded parts of the town itself. This may of course be radio sensationalising the situation but I'll find out when I can't get back home.

For those of you who are thinking OMG what a disaster, it's not, my season ticket is in my wallet which is with me!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently the Arun has burst its banks at Arundel in an area is NOT designed for flooding. As many will know a huge amount of land is designed to act as water meadows and take on board all this extra water. It would seem that the tidal surge, high tide and flood water has impacted and flooded parts of the town itself. This may of course be radio sensationalising the situation but I'll find out when I can't get back home.

For those of you who are thinking OMG what a disaster, it's not, my season ticket is in my wallet which is with me!

This is Arundels pitch an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/ArundelFC/status/419105501964959744/photo/1

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Storm conditions in BN21.

Good job I put the fence back up yesterday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've recently recorded a gust of wind at 50km/h.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Had a cracking little squall hit Worthing yesterday about 3.00, torrential rain, with a finale of hail.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Years ago I was fishing with a friend on the West Breakwater at Newhaven, It was blowing a hoolie and waves were regularly coming over the arm but we were able to shelter in the little covered walkway right under the wall. We would nip in and out to cast and wind in but every time we risked a drenching despite all our waterproofs.

Imagine our surprise ( it was about 10.30 pm ) when a chap appeared in trainers and a denim jacket with his 6 year old daughter and asked how the fishing was going !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Interestingly, the temperature here in Worthing has dropped from about 8.5C to 5.9C in about 45 minutes. Windchill temp showing as 2C.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Interestingly, the temperature here in Worthing has dropped from about 8.5C to 5.9C in about 45 minutes. Windchill temp showing as 2C.

Wow, and to think some people say Worthing is boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here