Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cup game tickets (Reading - 04.01.14) for season ticket holders?!

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Hi, i apologise in advance it's a boring one, but I am having an absolute mare with this and cannot seem to get an answer anywhere, so here I am.....

Myself and my dad have season tickets for East Upper, we're planning to sit here for the cup game tomorrow. (I've been told our cards will recognise that we have paid for our seats and let us through, no problem, which would make the most sense and is as I originally assumed)

My friend however has a season ticket for West Upper, but for this game has chosen to sit with me in East Upper. I assumed his pass would also recognise that he has paid for an East upper and let him through, but now I am not so sure.

Nothing has come in the mail, no emails have come through in order for us to print, so I thought I should make sure, and called the club. After five tries (there is something very funky going on with their phone lines at present, I have since found out they have 'overhauled' the system today?! :$) I did initially get through to some clueless woman who said our cards would be fine, but he would need to print one or receive one in the post depending on the option I selected when purchased, but I was not given the option, and we have not received an email since.

She couldn't help me any more than that, gave me another number to call (very bad customer service) which does not work, and now all their phones are down.

We know the seats are allocated to us as we can see it when we log in but allas, we know no more than that for certain.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice, cheers!!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Hi, i apologise in advance it's a boring one, but I am having an absolute mare with this and cannot seem to get an answer anywhere, so here I am.....

Myself and my dad have season tickets for East Upper, we're planning to sit here for the cup game tomorrow. (I've been told our cards will recognise that we have paid for our seats and let us through, no problem, which would make the most sense and is as I originally assumed)

My friend however has a season ticket for West Upper, but for this game has chosen to sit with me in East Upper. I assumed his pass would also recognise that he has paid for an East upper and let him through, but now I am not so sure.

Nothing has come in the mail, no email have come through in order for us to print, so I thought I should make sure, and called the club. After five tries (there is something very funky going on with their phone lines at present, I have since found out they have 'overhauled' the system today?!) I did initially get through to some clueless woman who said our cards would be fine, but he would need to print one or receive one in the post depending on the option I selected when purchased, but I was not given the option, and we have not received an email since.

She couldn't help me any more than that, gave me another number to call (very bad customer service) which does not work, and now all their phones are down.

We know the seats are allocated to us as we can see it when we log in but allas, we know no more than that for certain.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice, cheers!!

If he paid on his season tickets account, his smart card should work fine as far as im aware?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Log into the ticket section and print out the purchase history showing the purchase of the Reading ticket to take in case the card doesnt work.

I suggest you arrive earlier than usual

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
If he paid on his season tickets account, his smart card should work fine as far as im aware?

OK cheers, that's exactly what I originally assumed, but the woman on the phone wouldn't have it, fingers crossed, we're right, and she is wrong, or I can see my mate missing the first half trying to get a ticket printed off to get in. I wouldn't of doubted it, but he normally sits in the West, and I thought best to check, wish I hadn't bothered now. I reckon I've spent more than the ticket cost calling the automated phone line and listening to them bang on about rod stewart, before I can select the option I want and actually speak to someone.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Log into the ticket section and print out the purchase history showing the purchase of the Reading ticket to take in case the card doesnt work.

I suggest you arrive earlier than usual

That's not a bad shout, cheers... You just mean this bit (purchase history?)

22/12/2013 Albion v Reading E1/E1A/N/0123 1112345 Adult £15.00 20 Printed

...I cannot see a way of accessing a print ticket option. The other bit that makes me nervous is the bit that says 'printed' at the end of the line there. :$

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I don't think that is true. I think you ST will only be valid if you have booked your own seat.

Anywhere else, and you need to either print you own ticket at home - or collect one from the ticket office.

I may be wrong... but these were the only options we (WSU STHs) were offered online when we booked seats in ESU (I went for 'print at home').

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

...I cannot see a way of accessing a print ticket option. The other bit that makes me nervous is the bit that says 'printed' at the end of the line there. :$

Our eight 'print at home' tickets arrived in a single PDF attached to the confirmation email.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I don't think that is true. I think you ST will only be valid if you have booked your own seat.

Anywhere else, and you need to either print you own ticket at home - or collect one from the ticket office.

I may be wrong... but these were the only options we (WSU STHs) were offered online when we booked seats in ESU (I went for 'print at home').

They are only uploaded onto your ST if you have purchase your usual seat. If you change seats, then uou either print at home ( if you chose that option) or the club should send the tickets.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

They are only uploaded onto your ST if you have purchase your usual seat. If you change seats, then uou either print at home ( if you chose that option) or the club should send the tickets.

Indeed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

This is exactly correct. Your card, (as you are occupying your usual season-ticket seat) should work fine at entry. But your friend who will be occupying a different seat from his usual one, will need a printed ticket.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Agree with this I am STH but have moved it was not loaded onto my card, if you choose print from home option (no admin fee) then you will have a pdf file attached to the email confirmation which has your ticket in it you will need to proint the pdf as your ticket.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Smart cards will only work if you are in your normal seat. IF you are moving, you will need a printed ticket, or e-ticket or whatever we do these days

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I just mean print out the screen to prove the ticket purchase

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I think you're right, because we did exactly the same, as we're moving stands for Reading, and those were the only options I saw.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Thanks guys, I don't know how I missed the option to print/send when I purchased, I don't think I should have been able to bypass it.

Doesn't seem like we've much choice, gonna have to arrive early and get it printed before the game.

Didn't get an email, and can't now get through to anyone to ask them to resend. (Phones are now down completely)

...Seems a bit daft to me that the system is not capable of reading his card/number and recognising the fact that despite having a season ticket in the West he has purchased and been allocated a seat/ticket for the East for the game. Very limited. The card is preprogrammed with his unique info, and the website/booking system can see that he has purchased that particular ticket etc, oh well!!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The on-line system does seem to throw up some issues..my two sons and I are all gold members, and for some reason, despite all charges coming from my payment card, one of the boy's tickets was declined. This was quickly queried and resolved with a phone call and the payment resubmitted over the phone. However, his purchase history has not been updated, no follow up email, resulting in yet another phone call this evening to try and check all is OK. Everything is all fine but it is hard to trust the system at times and must create more calls to the Club whoch is supposed to be one of the advantages of an online system..

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I'm in the same boat I got no email and I don't have the time to arrive early to collect our tickets so that's us missing most the game, it's a joke as I got told the email would be re sent by 2 different people and I have nothing this evening, now doubt they've all knocked off now so I won't be getting them either

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Sorry I keep posting the same crap lads but does anyone know if the call center work tomorrow so I can phone them again about my tickets sent to me email again? Getting worried as I can't get to the stadium early to collect them

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Sorry, only just seen this... I did eventually get through yesterday evening, so I would assume the phones got fixed and you'll get through today. They resent my email for me no problem. Only cost me three hours of fncking about in the end!!! :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here