Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birds of a Feather

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
New series of the much loved 90s comedy on ITV last night. I've recorded it, did anyone see it? Was it any good? Got rave reviews on a couple of online articles I've seen.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was the same jokes as the last season just moved around a little.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it is anything like Yes Minister or Still Open All Hours then it will be crap, just like I reckon this Monty Python Re-union will be.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Q: Birds of a Feather, was it any good?

A: no it was unutterable shite.

(Appendix: no, of course I didn't watch it. You fuking prannet)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
New series of the much loved 90s comedy on ITV last night. I've recorded it, did anyone see it? Was it any good? Got rave reviews on a couple of online articles I've seen.

Much loved ? Blimey - how it ever got past a single episode pilot is utterly beyond me. Even in the 90s it was absolutely dire. Who would want to watch that brain-dead rubbish, honestly.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Much loved ? Blimey - how it ever got past a single episode pilot is utterly beyond me. Even in the 90s it was absolutely dire. Who would want to watch that brain-dead rubbish, honestly.

Indeed, but there is no accounting for taste as proven by Mrs Browns Boys which I think is utter cack!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We watched it out of interest more than anything else, and although I chortled a couple of times, I don't think I'll be watching the next episode.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Much Loved ? I loved avoiding it at all costs, it was " Wimins " stuff.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
If you enjoyed it first time round, then you'll enjoy this one as well. Similar script writing, chortle inducing jokes and one liners and Pauline Quirk on excellent form.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you enjoyed it first time round, then you'll enjoy this one as well. Similar script writing, chortle inducing jokes and one liners and Pauline Quirk on excellent form.

Only if you are a woman of a certain age.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
You'll only enjoy it if you watched the original. I enjoyed it. Made me smile. It's not particularly laugh out loud, but it's well written and punchy, in my opinion.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's all of a matter of the best possible taste...what makes one man laugh makes another cringe...I like the older programmes which where built on innuendo's and belly laughs...but it is not everymans taste....some like the modern idea of comedy...loud voices...swearing....not being a prude but I cannot see the comedy in that...but each to their own!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You'll only enjoy it if you watched the original. I enjoyed it. Made me smile. It's not particularly laugh out loud, but it's well written and punchy, in my opinion.

This was my opinion. The better half was tittering away through most of it. Got some good ratings for the slot, lets hope the rest of the series carries on like the first.

:lolol:

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Agreed - how this rubbish was ever 'well loved' i'll never know.

Two women sit at the kitchen table and take the pish out of the posh one, in an unfunny way. Then repeat ad nauseam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here