Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Travel Subsidy Tomorrow

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How much will it cost you extra tomorrow, having to pay parking fees or bus/train fares, all the way to Falmer.

Mine is costing an extra £1-00.
Polegate to Lewes, £6-70 cheap day return
Polegate to Falmer £7-70 cheap day return

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nothing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Beach Hut will be delighted.

This means his kickback freebie, negotiated by the unions he so despises, will save him £7.30, rather than him forever whining about his £2.18 travel surplus - as if this was ever about just him...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
£10, for 4 people.
Parking at Uni, usually use P & R or bus from Lewes

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Controversial but.......

In all my visits to The Amex I've never yet had my train ticket or season ticket checked, I'm taking the gamble that the same applies tomorrow.

Only problem I anticipate is getting out of Brighton station via the barriers, so may skip the railway bell and head for an early beer in Dicks.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
How much will it cost you extra tomorrow, having to pay parking fees or bus/train fares, all the way to Falmer.

Same as above, but overall throughout the season we are paying MORE with the 'subsidy'. I, and many others from the East, pay more with the subsidy rather than less. I pay about £30 extra in travel.

It is about time we had the option of opting out - for those that it benefits then go for it, for others that do not benefit then opt out. I know you are going to get people on here saying leave it, or its great, but those will be the people that are getting a benefit from it. IMHO

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Beach Hut will be delighted.

This means his kickback freebie, negotiated by the unions he so despises, will save him £7.30, rather than him forever whining about his £2.18 travel surplus - as if this was ever about just him...

:D:D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Controversial but.......

In all my visits to The Amex I've never yet had my train ticket or season ticket checked, I'm taking the gamble that the same applies tomorrow.

Only problem I anticipate is getting out of Brighton station via the barriers, so may skip the railway bell and head for an early beer in Dicks.

Rumours are rife that there will be a blitz tomorrow with the penalty fares issued far outweighing the cost of having additional staff checking passengers (customers) do have a valid ticket.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

The guards on the trains wont know, just show them your season ticket

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rumours are rife that there will be a blitz tomorrow with the penalty fares issued far outweighing the cost of having additional staff checking passengers (customers) do have a valid ticket.

:ffsparr:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be warned, there is likely to be a Southern Railway RPI presence at Brighton this Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here