Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suspended Coffee - Anyone get involved in this?

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
A a few places in Sydney have tried this but stopped after it wasn't used very much. Apparently people who can't afford a cup of coffee don't drink a lot of coffee!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who do you think would be more likely to ask for free coffee, the poor or scroungers?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A a few places in Sydney have tried this but stopped after it wasn't used very much. Apparently people who can't afford a cup of coffee don't drink a lot of coffee!

I did wonder if it would bridge the cultural gap. I did read that it is spreading in popularity though.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
Saw a great video of a guy ringing a fast food outlet and telling them that 2 homeless people outside their establishment were actually undercover cops and could they take them some coffee and burgers, then filmed them doing it. Brilliant!! :bowdown:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can see Costa ( fortune) coffee signing up for this, a good way to make them some more money.

Other expensive coffee shops are available.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not heard or seen this until now. This is a turn around from the days when (mainly chain) cafés had minimum spends to keep street people out. It's something I'd do if my local coffee shop was involved.

Binney on acid

Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
'The mad hatter', virtually opposite Waitrose, on the corner of Montpelier road do this. I think that they also consistently do the best coffee in Brighton / Hove. I bought a down on his luck stranger a coffee there a few weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here