Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Get Well Soon Schumi"

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm not a great fan of people posting Get Well messages on social networks (every time an actor dies, the BBC devote a huge paragraph to who on Twitter has tweeted how upset they are), but this takes the biscuit. On so many levels.

BdAZ_R5IUAAX4tO.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
There are a few German players at Arsenal and Michael Schumacher is one of the greatest sportspeople to have ever come out of Germany and is viewed as an icon there. As such, while you may feel the T-shirt gesture is corny and unnecessary, it comes from a good place and I dare say there are several players there who are really concerned for his welfare. If Schumacher's family get wind of that picture and of other similar gestures, I expect they will draw comfort to know that people are thinking of him around the world at what is a really difficult and uncertain time for them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He is friends with Lucas Podolski. I imagine Podolski had it on under his shirt for if he scored but didn't, so took this picture and the other players joined in.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Schumacher is a massive FC Cologne fan, and Lukas Podolski is from there, a fan, played for the club as well as a friend of Schumacher.

It's a nice gesture. Although Koscielni's Xmas pants disturb me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Schumacher is a massive FC Cologne fan, and Lukas Podolski is from there, a fan, played for the club as well as a friend of Schumacher.

It's a nice gesture. Although Koscielni's Xmas pants disturb me.

Is it common to take your top off and get your boxers out in get well messages?

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Is it common to take your top off and get your boxers out in get well messages?

As someone that lives in the fatherland, you know as well as I that Cologne is a city with very colourful tendancies...as such this is quite acceptable. :safeway:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As someone that lives in the fatherland, you know as well as I that Cologne is a city with very colourful tendancies...as such this is quite acceptable. :safeway:

Fair point, it is a 'friendly' city.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I can understand tops being off on a spur of the moment thing in a changing room but why wouldn't you take 5 seconds to do up your trousers. :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In which case I'm disappointed there are not a couple of winkies popped out showing their support for the great man.

You've not seen the full set of photos I take it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here