Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5th Test: Sydney : 23:30 Start.

larus

Let's face it; we've been demolished by an average team (that's what hurts most; this their team ain't good).

Now, we can debate the cause (too much cricket, central contracts, players past their prime), but I hope we blood some new players and at least try to take this game to the Aussies. The series is over (thank f***), and the rebuilding has to start. Sounds like there could be 3 changes, and also a shuffle of batting positions. Root to maybe open again; personally, I think he is going to come good, but his technique looks a bit suspect still. Hopefully the coaches can iron a few things out.

Please, let's take something from this and wipe the smug grins off Warner/Johnsons faces.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brave lad, well done.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Brave lad, well done.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than winning this last test. As far as I'm concerned this is the only test match series worth bothering with. The way we have capitulated In this series has been terrible to watch. I should know gone to work knackered many mornings. That is because I love cricket and beating the Aussies. The comment I made wasn't meant ths be and attack but the way we have folded I merely asked of it will last longer than 3 days. I sincerely hope we win this last test because as far as I'm concerned there as nothing worse than being whitewashed by that very average Australian side. Is that brave enough?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than winning this last test. As far as I'm concerned this is the only test match series worth bothering with. The way we have capitulated In this series has been terrible to watch. I should know gone to work knackered many mornings. That is because I love cricket and beating the Aussies. The comment I made wasn't meant ths be and attack but the way we have folded I merely asked of it will last longer than 3 days. I sincerely hope we win this last test because as far as I'm concerned there as nothing worse than being whitewashed by that very average Australian side. Is that brave enough?

Sorry, I meant brave lad Larus for starting the thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was living in Oz during the 2002/3 series. We were 4-0 down (but to a good Aussie side) and being given no chance. With the pressure finally off us and on them Michael Vaughan's batting led us to an unlikely win. I was with the Army on the Saturday and the Aussies on the Sunday (bought that ticket late) but sadly back in the office on the Monday when we secured victory. Unsurprisingly the travelling Brits treated it like a series win.

Can it be done? Abso-bloody-lutely.

larus

i just don't see where the runs are going to come from in our batting line up. I hope I'm wrong, but that nearly all look mentally shot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nah. Stupid more like. The eternal optimist....

To quote " Otter " in Animal House " I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture "

I stand with you, we WILL win !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
i just don't see where the runs are going to come from in our batting line up. I hope I'm wrong, but that nearly all look mentally shot.

Indeed. Rabbits In headlights springs to mind. They let the Aussies get inside their heads in particular Warner and Johnson.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I would have been tempted to go back to the six batsman four bowlers which has served England well over the past six years. Stokes has impressed enough with the ball to fill the third seamer role.

When a team is struggling you want to make yourselves as hard to beat as possible so a long batting lineup would hopeful put enough scoreboard pressure on the Aussie batsman, whereas our bowlers rarely let us down and Root is a decent enough off-spinner to make up the 5th bowler.

The pitch sounds a bit of a green top so Anderson may have a chance to show his worth on this pitch, it's a shame Onions was omitted from the squad as he would have prospered on this type of wicket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any one know who has been volunteered for this Test or are they still drawing lots ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm in for the duration :(

Just six months in to your NSC career and your spirit has nearly broken, take heart, it will be no worse than the previous 4 Tests and yet may be better !:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here