Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING - Auto Cup Scheme are you in it?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
When the club introduced the Auto Cup Scheme, I signed up. With Saturday's match pending, I checked on my account and couldn't find any record of a transaction. On ringing the club today, I had NO TICKETS. I have obviously missed something as apparently you have to re-join every season and I wonder how more people are unwittingly in the same boat and will turn up on Saturday in blissful ignorance that they dont have a ticket?

So now, some scrote is sitting in MY seat so I have to go elsewhere, I have had to pay a £1.50 admin fee for each ticket and I have to queue up to collect my tickets.

I am quite unimpressed and just wondering what would have happened if we had gone out of the cup without a home game and then got to the play-offs?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Did you not encounter an issue for the Newport game in August?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
When the club introduced the Auto Cup Scheme, I signed up. With Saturday's match pending, I checked on my account and couldn't find any record of a transaction. On ringing the club today, I had NO TICKETS. I have obviously missed something as apparently you have to re-join every season and I wonder how more people are unwittingly in the same boat and will turn up on Saturday in blissful ignorance that they dont have a ticket?

So now, some scrote is sitting in MY seat so I have to go elsewhere, I have had to pay a £1.50 admin fee for each ticket and I have to queue up to collect my tickets.

I am quite unimpressed and just wondering what would have happened if we had gone out of the cup without a home game and then got to the play-offs?

I was in the scheme last season, but decided not to renew it this year as I want to try out other stands. It never crossed my mind that I might have still been signed up to it. They would HAVE to make this annually renewable.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Yes and there was something about Newport not being in Auto-Scheme. Ticket Office say they have had lots of calls today from people in my position. I am sure it will be fun at turnstiles on Saturday and Club might sell more tickets and save a lot of fuss if they publicise this issue.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wasn't Auto Cup replaced by Gold Membership this summer for those that wanted to opt in ? ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wasn't Auto Cup replaced by Gold Membership this summer for those that wanted to opt in ? ???

Yes it was. The club did say at the time if you werent charged by a certain date then you needed to contact them. I had to, turns out the card i used had changed - sorted it out in 2 minutes.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

It was indeed. The club rather underhandedly sent every season ticket holder a letter explaining how this was going to work. How nefarious of them. The OP really has no one to blame but himself for not paying attention.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford

Delightful turn of phrase to describe a fellow Albion fan who will have purchased your st seat in good faith.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So now, some scrote is sitting in MY seat so I have to go elsewhere,

It might be a very nice person sitting in the seat they purchased, Bit unfair to be calling people names because you got it wrong.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Stop moaning. There's loads of seats left for Reading -- why not try sitting somewhere else for a change?

And as others have said, in any case the club did let everyone know that if, like me, you were in the autocup scheme last year, it wouldn't be carried forward, unless you sign up for Gold membership. I decided not to bother, because you always get first refusal on your seat anyway, and because I've decided to try other stands for cup games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here