Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Blunt wins at twitter internets

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Number 4 is my personal favourite, brilliant.

He hosted Never Mind the Buzzcocks a couple of years ago, and was excellent - self deprecating and funny.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

He hosted Never Mind the Buzzcocks a couple of years ago, and was excellent - self deprecating and funny.

I remember him on that - he went up in my estimation after that. Not a fan of his music, but seems quite an honest person.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
JamesMLVC smells a little bit of wee #notsoobviousrhyme RT [MENTION=16308]JamesM[/MENTION]lvc: James Blunt is a pathetic c**t #obviousrhymes

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very good. He always has a good line in self-deprecation, and you gotta like him for that at least.

I once considered a career as a self-deprecating comedian, but unfortunately I wasn't any good at it.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Only coz I turned her down. RT @anadinskywalker: my grandma just called james blunt a queer — James Blunt (@JamesBlunt) December 15, 2013

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Agree. I really warmed to him when I saw him on this show. And these Twitter replies are just brilliant.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I think he was on Top Gear once too, he was asked about taking the mickey out of his own songs, and he said "well have you heard them?"

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think he was on Top Gear once too, he was asked about taking the mickey out of his own songs, and he said "well have you heard them?"

Something like Clarkson called him gay for liking motorbikes so he agreed and said he wrote a love song about him.

Comes across as a really good bloke but I just can't stand his music!

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Something like Clarkson called him gay for liking motorbikes so he agreed and said he wrote a love song about him.

Comes across as a really good bloke but I just can't stand his music!

to be fair to the bloke, i dont think he can either. But it makes him a lot of money. A lot of people do jobs they hate ;)

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It is now becoming fashionable to like James as long as you add something along the lines of "but I can't stand his music" to your comment. But soon people will start realising his songs are fantastic too. Every album he's released has been right on the money for me and I play them almost every day. He's a class act, pure and simple.

He might just be the noughties' Abba in that regard...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here