Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty decision which enraged The Amex - with video [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Penalty decision which enraged The Amex - with video[/h]2:07pm Thursday 2nd January 2014 in Albion
2799436.jpg
Albion debate Simon Hooper's penalty decision
It was the decision which enraged The Amex.
Now, if you have not seen it already, judge for yourselves.
Did Inigo Calderon really foul Marc Pugh for the penalty which put Bournemouth ahead yesterday?

Or, as Albion argued vehemently, was it a fair tackle?
Then watch how Albion finally secured a point thanks to Stephen Ward’s late header.

[h=5]Showbiz news[/h]

[h=4]Comments (11)[/h]Please log in to enable comment sorting
2:24pm Thu 2 Jan 14
Hovenick says...
From where I sat near the half way line, it looked a penalty. However seeing the video, I dont think it was.
We had more than enough opportunities to win the game which were wasted
From where I sat near the half way line, it looked a penalty. However seeing the video, I dont think it was. We had more than enough opportunities to win the game which were wasted Hovenick

3:01pm Thu 2 Jan 14
impose our game gull says...
Absolutely not a penalty. Poor play by the lino too, not just the appalling ref!!Reading will be interesting - let's really take the game to them and see what happens!!
UTA

Absolutely not a penalty. Poor play by the lino too, not just the appalling ref!! Reading will be interesting - let's really take the game to them and see what happens!! UTA impose our game gull

3:13pm Thu 2 Jan 14
tug509 says...
Tiny little self important man desperately seeks 15 minutes of fame ,totally selling out the game he is supposed to fairly represent ! . Heaven help the next two sets of fans you will undoubtedly upset by ruining another game with your complete incompetence !.
Tiny little self important man desperately seeks 15 minutes of fame ,totally selling out the game he is supposed to fairly represent ! . Heaven help the next two sets of fans you will undoubtedly upset by ruining another game with your complete incompetence !. tug509

3:35pm Thu 2 Jan 14
Tonyuk175 says...
No penalty for sure!But get some and some you don't remember watfords No Goal/ Goal ???
Let's just get in those play offs or better this year need to go on a run now,,,
UTA

No penalty for sure! But get some and some you don't remember watfords No Goal/ Goal ??? Let's just get in those play offs or better this year need to go on a run now,,, UTA Tonyuk175

3:36pm Thu 2 Jan 14
kipper12 says...
from the west stand upper we could clearly see a fair tackle by caldy ...never a penalty !!
the ref was a complete baffoon !!!! a clueless idiot !!!!1-0 to the referee !!!!!!!

from the west stand upper we could clearly see a fair tackle by caldy ...never a penalty !! the ref was a complete baffoon !!!! a clueless idiot !!!! 1-0 to the referee !!!!!!! kipper12

3:38pm Thu 2 Jan 14
sussexram40 says...
He played the ball. No penalty.
The standard of refereeing is at an all time low. I'm struggling to believe so many refs and officials (there are 4) can be so incompetent. I seriously hope we don't have corrupt refs.
It's every week in the Premier League now - result changing bad decisions.
He played the ball. No penalty. The standard of refereeing is at an all time low. I'm struggling to believe so many refs and officials (there are 4) can be so incompetent. I seriously hope we don't have corrupt refs. It's every week in the Premier League now - result changing bad decisions. sussexram40

3:39pm Thu 2 Jan 14
Alfie T says...
We can all make mistakes, but Caldes tackle was perfectly timed and got all of the ball. I'm in the Wsu at the front and 100% he got the ball first! to be fair to their player he didn't make a meal of it either. IMO, errors as blatant as that should result in a fee reduction for the official.
We can all make mistakes, but Caldes tackle was perfectly timed and got all of the ball. I'm in the Wsu at the front and 100% he got the ball first! to be fair to their player he didn't make a meal of it either. IMO, errors as blatant as that should result in a fee reduction for the official. Alfie T

3:51pm Thu 2 Jan 14
mark by the sea says...
I am not defending the ref, however the player looked as though he was "taken " before the ball was touched from the video, I have to say that managers constantly complain about refs ( David Moyes ) but never take players to task for diving! Having seen this angle, it looks like caldi took the player, but from my seat he took the ball first! Was it a slight dive?
I am not defending the ref, however the player looked as though he was "taken " before the ball was touched from the video, I have to say that managers constantly complain about refs ( David Moyes ) but never take players to task for diving! Having seen this angle, it looks like caldi took the player, but from my seat he took the ball first! Was it a slight dive? mark by the sea

3:52pm Thu 2 Jan 14
To baldly go says...
We need a video referee for all critical decisions such as these, there are camera's at every game nowadays and a 5th official or a panel to make an instant decision is a must imo. could have resulted in a red card for Caldi.
The ref didnt have a clear view so how could he make such a call, did the linesman give it! i dont think so, so the ref should be hauled in for a good talking to because he is no good at his job.
The Chelsea player that dived at the weekend is another thing that a video ref could sort out, the ref got it right on this occasion but how many get away with CHEATING! send them off and it will soon stop and a fairer game be had by all.
We need a video referee for all critical decisions such as these, there are camera's at every game nowadays and a 5th official or a panel to make an instant decision is a must imo. could have resulted in a red card for Caldi. The ref didnt have a clear view so how could he make such a call, did the linesman give it! i dont think so, so the ref should be hauled in for a good talking to because he is no good at his job. The Chelsea player that dived at the weekend is another thing that a video ref could sort out, the ref got it right on this occasion but how many get away with CHEATING! send them off and it will soon stop and a fairer game be had by all. To baldly go

3:55pm Thu 2 Jan 14
AlanDuffy says...
No pen.......but what an assist by Orlandi for the equaliser, by the way.
No pen.......but what an assist by Orlandi for the equaliser, by the way. AlanDuffy

3:57pm Thu 2 Jan 14
mark by the sea says...
The other thing is he tackled with his left foot rather than his right which made it look worse, if it was a penalty... Why was Calderon not sent off as last man? Terrible decision by the ref , who then got it wrong again.
The other thing is he tackled with his left foot rather than his right which made it look worse, if it was a penalty... Why was Calderon not sent off as last man? Terrible decision by the ref , who then got it wrong again. mark by the sea

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here