Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Not Do This For EVERY Game Argus?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The videos are from Seagulls Player - I guess its down to whether the club want to make them freely available.

HOOPS must have been gutted that we equalised. He did his best to ensure we didn't, turning down a big handball shout, and a blatant fould on Ince, before theball finally went in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wasn't an own goal, despite Aspinall's claim!

Good stuff, Argus. Moving into the 21st century....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Personally, that's the criteria I think they should use. It isn't always the case though.

Is that because when it's an own goal the attacker wants to claim it as his and the defender doesn't want an own goal against his name?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is that because when it's an own goal the attacker wants to claim it as his and the defender doesn't want an own goal against his name?

Hypotheticals now - but watch the goal again, especially the final angle they show, and imagine that Francis is an Albion player. If he were, I am certain everyone would declare that his goal.

They are very careful with the awards of goals these days, because of the betting on it. Who WANTS to claim it doesn't matter.

Dec 29, 2011
For me, the worst thing about that first video is Bridcutt missing the tackle and then nonchalantly jogging back to towards goal. Last year he'd have broke his neck to get back and try to make a second challenge. Perhaps his mind is elsewhere or he only plays for Gus.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Hypotheticals now - but watch the goal again, especially the final angle they show, and imagine that Francis is an Albion player. If he were, I am certain everyone would declare that his goal.

They are very careful with the awards of goals these days, because of the betting on it. Who WANTS to claim it doesn't matter.

Obviously if Francis was an Albion player, the goal would be his as the final touch was his.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
HOOPS must have been gutted that we equalised. He did his best to ensure we didn't, turning down a big handball shout, and a blatant fould on Ince, before theball finally went in.

Thank goodness he did ignore the handball and the foul...although I wouldn't be saying that had the Ward header been turned round for a corner - I suspect the ref would not have gone back and given the penalty or free kick outside the area, although they should IMO - there should be a rule that enables the ref to go back to the most beneficial scenario within a more generous timeframe - seems to be that, if a foul is committed, you don't get more than 3 or 4 seconds to do something good. Maybe allow play to continue longer like they do in rugby.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously if Francis was an Albion player, the goal would be his as the final touch was his.

Why is that relevant? If someone had a shot and it took a small deflection off a team-mate on the way in, you wouldn't automatically change the award, would you? I'd say the significance of the deflection is what is important, regardless of the identity of the player in question.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Look at him the self important mug, you could tell by the look on his face he KNEW that wasn't a penalty as soon as he gave it, incompetent tosser. He was looking for any excuse to give them a penalty I bet, he couldn't wait to give it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wasn't an own goal, despite Aspinall's claim!

Good stuff, Argus. Moving into the 21st century....
Agree with this....but is that what the 'Seagull player' is really like?...I don't know,never used it...if I can't make a match then listen to Radio Sussex...understand that some cannot....but that video was so intermittent and jumpy....no wonder fans complain about it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why is that relevant? If someone had a shot and it took a small deflection off a team-mate on the way in, you wouldn't automatically change the award, would you? I'd say the significance of the deflection is what is important, regardless of the identity of the player in question.

I always thought it was decided like this:
- if an attacking player takes a shot and it deflects off a team-mate on the way in, however small the deflection, it's the team mate's goal as he got the last touch of an attacking player.

- if an attacking player takes a shot and if deflects off an opponent on the way in:
:: it's the attacker's goal if his shot was on target, no matter how big the deflection
:: it's the defender's own goal if the attacker's shot was off-target, no matter how small the deflection

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Agree with this....but is that what the 'Seagull player' is really like?...I don't know,never used it...if I can't make a match then listen to Radio Sussex...understand that some cannot....but that video was so intermittent and jumpy....no wonder fans complain about it.

It's smooth here. It must be your PC.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Seagulls Player is like this:
1) Go to seagulls.co.uk
2) Wait for page to take 10 seconds to load with invasive advert covering the home page
3) Click tiny 'Enter Brighton and Hove Albion' link
4) Click on Seagulls Player link
5) Click Sign In
6) Log In
7) Click 'Highlights' and select match
8) Wait while video highlights load
9) Click on 'High' quality and then video reloads
10) Choppy video plays

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seagulls Player is like this:
1) Go to seagulls.co.uk
2) Wait for page to take 10 seconds to load with invasive advert covering the home page
3) Click tiny 'Enter Brighton and Hove Albion' link
4) Click on Seagulls Player link
5) Click Sign In
6) Log In
7) Click 'Highlights' and select match
8) Wait while video highlights load
9) Click on 'High' quality and then video reloads
10) Choppy video plays

Stages 1 to 4 can be avoided by bookmarking the Seagulls Player url :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions