Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's the best player we've had on loan and never signed?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Following on from Conways successful spell on loan, who's the best player we've had on loan but never signed?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It can only be Sidwell or McShane surely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without a doubt Martin Keown ( who I believe we had the opportunity to sign) and Paul Dickov

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wayne Bridge anyone?...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Without a doubt Martin Keown ( who I believe we had the opportunity to sign) and Paul Dickov

Keown gets my vote too.

I believe that we wanted to sign him but Arsenal wouldn't play ball as they knew what a force he'd become.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Keown gets my vote too.

I believe that we wanted to sign him but Arsenal wouldn't play ball as they knew what a force he'd become.

I thought he was surplus to requirements at Arsenal at the time and they ended up selling him to Villa after we refused to pay the 100 k or whatever? They eventually saw the error of their ways and resigned him from Everton??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Martin Keown. Even as a lad I could tell he oozed class but we didn't have the £50-100k they wanted for him at the time.

Add it to the long list of mistakes made by the club owners I the late 80's, early 90's.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Peter Ward, does that get through on a technicality as in we did sign him before he returned on loan.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I thought he was surplus to requirements at Arsenal at the time and they ended up selling him to Villa after we refused to pay the 100 k or whatever? They eventually saw the error of their ways and resigned him from Everton??

Fair enough, your memories better than mine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here