Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Argus.

The Argus.

0 Not allowed!
    Any readers of the paper noticed any errors. Lately some of the spelling mistakes have been comical and also you can read a story on one page and turn over a few pages and the same news is printed again. On January 1st edition if you turn to page 5 the top of the page has December 30th and the whole page is the story you read 2 days ago. The proof reader Mr S Wonder was unavailable for contact.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

#cpfctinpotclub seagullsovergrimsby's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      This is common for any local newspaper whose owners shift editorial responsibility 75 miles away who oversee half a dozen newspapers in half a dozen counties.
      Response to a post by SeasideEagle on BBS - "Are you another account belonging to cpfc2010? You seem to be spouting the same bullshit."
      Faceman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beakyburn View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Any readers of the paper noticed any errors. Lately some of the spelling mistakes have been comical and also you can read a story on one page and turn over a few pages and the same news is printed again. On January 1st edition if you turn to page 5 the top of the page has December 30th and the whole page is the story you read 2 days ago. The proof reader Mr S Wonder was unavailable for contact.
      I had to double check my girlfriend hadn't accidentally merged two papers. I blame them for the argument that resulted from me asking this.

0 Not allowed!
      You need to keep this. In years to come it will be a collectors item.
      "Unemployments rising in the Chigley end of town.
      And it's spreading like pneumonia.
      Doesn't look like going down"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not as bad as the Sussex Express, that even makes gaffs on it's headlines. It also puts the same cartoon in for weeks.
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
      I had to double check my girlfriend hadn't accidentally merged two papers. I blame them for the argument that resulted from me asking this.
      I wish I could blame the Argus for every argument my girlfriend and I have but even she has to admit (after a short discussion) that 99 times out of 100 it is her fault.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There is an apology on page 5 of today's Argus.
      Admirer of Robbie Savage. Why won't women ever be equal to blokes? Because they'll never walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they're beautiful.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fran Hagarty View Post
      There is an apology on page 5 of today's Argus.
      Also on page 7 and 9

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dougdeep View Post
      gaffs on it's headlines

0 Not allowed!