Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Any readers of the paper noticed any errors. Lately some of the spelling mistakes have been comical and also you can read a story on one page and turn over a few pages and the same news is printed again. On January 1st edition if you turn to page 5 the top of the page has December 30th and the whole page is the story you read 2 days ago. The proof reader Mr S Wonder was unavailable for contact.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is common for any local newspaper whose owners shift editorial responsibility 75 miles away who oversee half a dozen newspapers in half a dozen counties.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
Any readers of the paper noticed any errors. Lately some of the spelling mistakes have been comical and also you can read a story on one page and turn over a few pages and the same news is printed again. On January 1st edition if you turn to page 5 the top of the page has December 30th and the whole page is the story you read 2 days ago. The proof reader Mr S Wonder was unavailable for contact.

I had to double check my girlfriend hadn't accidentally merged two papers. I blame them for the argument that resulted from me asking this.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

You need to keep this. In years to come it will be a collectors item.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not as bad as the Sussex Express, that even makes gaffs on it's headlines. It also puts the same cartoon in for weeks.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I had to double check my girlfriend hadn't accidentally merged two papers. I blame them for the argument that resulted from me asking this.

I wish I could blame the Argus for every argument my girlfriend and I have but even she has to admit (after a short discussion) that 99 times out of 100 it is her fault.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
There is an apology on page 5 of today's Argus.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

8085d1346098178t-some-respect-please-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Thanks for that. I'd never used the word before so I went with my gut feeling as I don't have a dictionary. Your knowledge will help me to avoid making the same mistake in the future.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thanks for that. I'd never used the word before so I went with my gut feeling as I don't have a dictionary. Your knowledge will help me not to make the same mistake in the future.

I only knew a gaff was a barbed spear as I watch Extreme Fishing with Robson Green with subtitles on. Before then, I might have thought that it was an acceptable alternative to gaffe.

Now how does one spell gaffe/gaffa/gaffer tape?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I should be making better use of my time on my last day before going back to work but noticed a couple from today's Argus.

pg 8: headline is 'No divided opinion over bid for new Portslade leisure facility'. Story underneath is all about the King Alfred.

pg 50: Andy Naylor's player ratings generally eg; Giving El Abd and Upson the same mark out of 10

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I only knew a gaff was a barbed spear as I watch Extreme Fishing with Robson Green with subtitles on. Before then, I might have thought that it was an acceptable alternative to gaffe.

Now how does one spell gaffe/gaffa/gaffer tape?

A brand of gaffer is now called Jaffa.
Guess what colour it is?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Albion fans got right behind their team as they stove to keep a lively and inventive QPR side at bay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here