Concussion

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I thought he stayed on for a while beforehand. Me the idiot then if he didn't. Great. :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought he stayed on for a while beforehand. Me the idiot then if he didn't. Great. :lolol:

He stayed on, vomited and because he vomited he came off. Vomiting after a blow to the head is one of the warning signs of concussion.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Is there a 'time-out' period before the player can play again? A few days seems a bit quick, to me.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Is there a 'time-out' period before the player can play again? A few days seems a bit quick, to me.

I always used to think that there were rules that said if there had been a concussion then the player had to be off for 10 days - I don't remember where that came from, but it doesn't seem to be correct these days, if it ever was.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would imagine it is in the hands of the doctors. Concussions are so different to each other, some clear up quickly, some linger for the rest of your life. At least a couple of pro-wrestlers have had to retire due to concussion. Bret Hart did. Chris Nowinski did and after retiring he set up or joined a research institute to study concussions and the lon lasting effect of them, and have been a driving force in raising awareness of them leading to the legal actions taken against the NFL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here