Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somebody please explain FFP

Sloughseagull

Apr 23, 2013
Slough
Because I see clubs like Nottm Forest paying stupid money in both salary and transfer fees! I have just read somewhere that they are after Shane Long, how much is that going to cost them? We have the highest averaged attendances so is it a case teams like Forest don't care about FFP and we do? Someone please explain it to me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With their 9k crowds, and their £3m subs' bench, its something that Bournemouth haven't quite embraced.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Apparently we are only looking to bring Conway back so presuming the budget is around five million going by the previous two seasons, how much are we paying the loan signings? because if its most of the budget then it seem a whole lot of money wasted IMO.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
With their 9k crowds, and their £3m subs' bench, its something that Bournemouth haven't quite embraced.

I suspect that we may one of only a handful of clubs that are taking this seriously. If implemented correctly and as per the current regulations, we will get quite a windfall from the promoted teams and have the pick of the championship players that other clubs have to offload. Will believe it when I see it though.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
In short, if a club makes it to the Prem this year or next, they can spend whatever the fu(k they want and have no problem.

And some are doing just that.

BUT, if they fail to go up having splashed the cash, they will suffer real pain under FFP which will feel like lead boots dragging them ever closer to Portsmouth status.

Would you want to be a fan of one of those kamikaze clubs (because there are more doing it than there are spaces available) or would you want to be a fan of BHAFC with Bloom at the helm?

Yep, me too.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I don't believe anyone understands it. The principal seems clear but until, as many have already stated on here, it is only once a club falls foul of the laws, that we will see whether there is any real implications.

It is quite frightening that some clubs are placing the stability of their club at stake on the punt that they will make it in the next 18months.

Clearly there will be a few clubs that will fail in this punt. What happens to them will demonstrate whether this whole thing is just a soundbite or whether there will be real implications.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We have this thread at least once a month try searching for the last one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I suspect that we may one of only a handful of clubs that are taking this seriously. If implemented correctly and as per the current regulations, we will get quite a windfall from the promoted teams and have the pick of the championship players that other clubs have to offload. Will believe it when I see it though.

There is, as I understand it, no windfall for clubs that adhere to the rules. I believe the Premier League and/or their sponsors, baulked at the idea of money that should go to Premier teams being paid to league teams. That was the original idea by the FL but was never ratified by the Premier League. Money likely to go to charity.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
There is, as I understand it, no windfall for clubs that adhere to the rules. I believe the Premier League and/or their sponsors, baulked at the idea of money that should go to Premier teams being paid to league teams. That was the original idea by the FL but was never ratified by the Premier League. Money likely to go to charity.

Well yes, I have seen that. Not sure it has been confirmed yet though. I don't see what it has got to do with the Premier League though as the rule infringements occurred when the clubs were in the Football League. But as per usual, the PL is behaving like a closed shop. The FL have got to grow some balls and fast!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All teams other than Brighton will spend what they want and get away with it, going to court if necessary.

We will stick to a capped loss of 8 million pounds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We have this thread at least once a month try searching for the last one.

It was discussed at length only a few days ago in the Bolton debt thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All teams other than Brighton will spend what they want and get away with it, going to court if necessary.

Yay. 16 posts before court was mentioned.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Which is fine by me. We're lucky to have a fan underwrite such losses until we break even.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
We will know more by the end of the January window what Championship clubs are taking the mega-gamble.

My bet is Leicester, QPR, and Forest will spend big.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here