Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was PIG in cement boots today?

chunky44

Mar 29, 2010
Chailey
His kicking and general distribution was simply appalling today.

A very worrying performance though he did make a couple of fine saves.

Assume Brez will be in v Reading but personally would make PIG play as he needs the game time.

Can only assume the conditions were the reason for so many passes going astray and will give him the benefit as he is normally one of our most consistent performers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've always thought his kicking to be poor, if he wasn't such a good keeper he wouldn't be allowed near a ball!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd rather have him making saves but kicking the ball to nobody than making pinpoint 60-yard passes but throwing the ball into the net

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That stupid throw out to Upson was crazy. He didn't even look to see where he was or what way he was facing. Also, when he booted it right out in the first half, Nathan Jones was going mental at him.

I'd be really surprised if any Premiership club went for him

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
PIGs kicking is the worse part of his game, he is an excellent goalkeeper and clearly our number 1 but when Brez was playing recently I was impressed at how good his distribution was.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
to be fair to him, surely the conditions played a part? Their keeper sent a few kicks straight out too.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
to be fair to him, surely the conditions played a part? Their keeper sent a few kicks straight out too.

I thought the Bouremouth keepers kicking was exceptional, given the conditions, Kuzczaks kicking was terrible though.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If his distribution was good, then he'd still be at a Premier League club. It is frustrating when he punts it out of play, but the rest of his game more than makes up for it

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
His kicking and general distribution was simply appalling today.

A very worrying performance though he did make a couple of fine saves.

Assume Brez will be in v Reading but personally would make PIG play as he needs the game time.

Can only assume the conditions were the reason for so many passes going astray and will give him the benefit as he is normally one of our most consistent performers.

His kicking's not his strongest suit but do you think that Spring zephyr might have had some effect?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Think op is underestimating the head wind out there yesterday.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'm actually extremely worried about his kicking. In this game in particular and it carries more weight with me than his generally excellent performances in the last year and a half when his kicking hasn't really been mentioned.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I don't get how a professional footballer can look so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. His first touch is terrible and he can not play a lofted short ball to save his life. It was only when we have Brez in goal that it became so obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here