Orlandi
Bridcutt
JFC
Barnes
Lopez

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it will be a virtually full strength side against Reading as we need the prize money and the prospect of a good 4th round draw. If he wants to rest Kuszczak, but I cant see why he should, we need to play Brezovan and Ankergren in his place. It will be interesting to see if Bridcutt plays and is then cup tied.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Kuszsack

Calderon
Dunk
Upson
Ward

Ince
JFC
Agustein

Orlandi
Lua Lua

Barnes

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I think that it will be a virtually full strength side against Reading as we need the prize money and the prospect of a good 4th round draw. If he wants to rest Kuszczak, but I cant see why he should, we need to play Brezovan and Ankergren in his place. It will be interesting to see if Bridcutt plays and is then cup tied.

It'll knock a bit of Bridcutts price tag but not much. The teams after him won't be focusing on the cup.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
------------Brez----------
Calde--AEA------Dunk--Chicksen
-----------Andrews-----------
-------Kemy------JFC-------
March----------------Orlandi
------------Ulloa------------

Let's give Ulloa, Kemy and Orlandi some game time to increase match fitness whilst giving some kids a go.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Brez has just had some games so don't see the value in playing him and resting Kuszczak

I'd be tempted to play Chicksen and possibly March, I'd probably rest Ulloa as well as he played a lot of minutes this week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brez has just had some games so don't see the value in playing him and resting Kuszczak

I'd be tempted to play Chicksen and possibly March, I'd probably rest Ulloa as well as he played a lot of minutes this week.

Ulloa has hardly played since he got sent off against Reading back in September; minutes in competitive games are exactly what he needs right now!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ulloa has hardly played since he got sent off against Reading back in September; minutes in competitive games are exactly what he needs right now!

Couldn't disagree more .... Two 90 mins and and over 60 mins in less than 7 days on heavy pitches... He looked heavy legged at times yesterday

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Got to chuckle thinking back three years to when Poyet was picking understrength sides in the cup and NSC was full of angst and hand-wringing about undervaluing the FACup and not recognising that winning games is a habit so we should always pick our full strength first choice team to start.
Seems to have gone full circle doesn't it :lolol:

With 20, 000 cash paying customers do we have an obligation to try to win rhis game or are we happy to "do a sam allardyce" and write it off as being irrelevant in the greater scheme of going for promotion?

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Got to chuckle thinking back three years to when Poyet was picking understrength sides in the cup and NSC was full of angst and hand-wringing about undervaluing the FACup and not recognising that winning games is a habit so we should always pick our full strength first choice team to start.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
It's all about reaching the promised land.... :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
It's all about reaching the promised land.... :)

Not arguing but on that basis most if not all clubs in the EPL and half of the Championship shouldn't have bothered entering the competition. Perhaps the pressures of FFP to generate extra revenue will make some of those who bother to abide by it take the cup more seriously.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Am I the only one who thinks angustien is crap?
I think he is very capable! His mind is not right. I think he believes he is better than this level and wants to beat 2 players and then play the hero pass or shot.Needs to remember his responsibilities and limitations! Also looks too much to play the man rather than the ball! Can do the midfield work basics very well and has a real presence.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If he wants to rest Kuszczak, but I cant see why he should, we need to play Brezovan and Ankergren in his place. It will be interesting to see if Bridcutt plays and is then cup tied.

If we play both keepers then less chance of a calamity . Good plan

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Kill them off early by playing a 4-4-2! Two/three subs at 60 mins?

------------Koosh----------
Calderon--El-Abd--Dunk--Chicksen
March--Agustein--Andrews--Orlandi
-------Barnes-----Ulloa------------

Subs: Brezovan, Forster-Caskey, Lua Lua, Crofts, Ward, Dave, Dickenson

(Upson and Ince rested and Bridcutt "rested")

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kill them off early by playing a 4-4-2! Two/three subs at 60 mins?

------------Koosh----------
Calderon--El-Abd--Dunk--Chicksen
March--Agustein--Andrews--Orlandi
-------Barnes-----Ulloa------------

Subs: Brezovan, Forster-Caskey, Lua Lua, Crofts, Ward, Dave, Dickenson

(Upson and Ince rested and Bridcutt "rested")

Good selection. I wouldn't start Orlandi, he seems fragile for now, and would swap him and Crofts in your line up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here