Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlight of today....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Perhaps they should call it Intendance then. Attendance should mean those who have attended. By all means announce how many tickets have been sold but also tell the truth about how many are actually there. I know it's how every other club announces their attendances but it looks and sounds 2 bob.

On a related note, if I were the club, I'd want to know why people who had bought tickets did not attend. Ok, the club has banked the money but, for non-attending ST holders, there may be a risk of non-renewal and, therefore, risk of reduced income next season. They must have the data which shows which ST's were used for a particular game and which weren't. If the same ST hasn't been used for 2 or 3 consecutive games, that should generate an automatic letter/questionnaire asking why and if the ST is intending renewing next season, not in a Big Brother way but in an attempt to better understand someone's reason for not attending whilst highlighting the risk of non-renewal much earlier.

Good idea. But I think football is far too conceited currently to care?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Strictly speaking you wouldn't be though with the difference between season ticket and match by match pricing. I haven't done the sums but off the top of my head I reckon it would be cheaper to buy a season ticket, in the knowledge that you'll miss 5 games per season rather than pay match by match, wouldn't it? Now STH's that I know tend to give/ sell their ticket to someone else and I reckon finding others to come may have been a bit tougher on New Year's Day
100% this for me and 5 others who couldn't attend. No one wanted to go in our places even, for free!

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Perhaps they should call it Intendance then. Attendance should mean those who have attended. By all means announce how many tickets have been sold but also tell the truth about how many are actually there. I know it's how every other club announces their attendances but it looks and sounds 2 bob.

On a related note, if I were the club, I'd want to know why people who had bought tickets did not attend. Ok, the club has banked the money but, for non-attending ST holders, there may be a risk of non-renewal and, therefore, risk of reduced income next season. They must have the data which shows which ST's were used for a particular game and which weren't. If the same ST hasn't been used for 2 or 3 consecutive games, that should generate an automatic letter/questionnaire asking why and if the ST is intending renewing next season, not in a Big Brother way but in an attempt to better understand someone's reason for not attending whilst highlighting the risk of non-renewal much earlier.

Knowing your customer is key and Crispy A is spot on. I would be very concerned at the number of no-show STHs, 'churn' is the phrase I believe and whilst FFP is the current buzzword, I think the level of churn in April/May will be of greater importance.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was season ticket holders that gave it a miss. The casual seats were well filled. AC's........Amex Casuals

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The number of empty seats in the East Lower may have been more noticeable than normal as many in the first half a dozen rows moved to empty seats higher up the stand to stay dry leaving lots of empty ones near the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here