Votes: 41 38.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Always had a feeling that the South Stand would have made a better kop for our home support, those few extra rows do make a difference. The whole 'North' Stand nostalgia thing is pretty pointless, and it's clear that the current set-up doesn't lend itself to generating a great atmosphere. Would it be logistically possible to make both ends Brighton and give the South end half of the Lower East to away fans? Just a thought.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I thought it was good having the away fans in the west upper, for the Chelsea friendly. Although I know a lot fans love it up there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Perhaps if all those that bought tickets for the north stand turned up it might be better than it is. Trouble is there are too many gaps.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
An excellent idea. Interesting that no-one has dared raise this before, probably because they assume the north is sacrosanct but you're right, the nostalgia is pointless , the Southbis where it's at and needs to be reclaimed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Totally agree, especially as about 30% of the North Standers were no-shows today.

"Oooohhh...its raining...."

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Let's be honest, The North Stand at The Amex is a pale imitation of The Goldstone version. It's small, feels very dilutedtat times and has this ongoing power struggle with singing. If moving us to the South Stsnd would make any difference whatsoever I'd be game.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I really feel that something radical like this is needed, time to move on. The current North Stand doesn't even look impressive, let alone sound it. Really feel more of an intimidating atmosphere could be generated from the South if we had it all as a proper kop end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The North Stand at the Amex is a geographical quirk, it bears no relation to its forfather in Hove. Its not really the north stand anyway - the way the stadium is positioned, its the north-west stand.

I adore the Amex, but we really needed a proper kop behind the goal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree. On quite a few levels making the North Stand the away end makes sense.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
The North Stand at the Amex is a geographical quirk, it bears no relation to its forfather in Hove. Its not really the north stand anyway - the way the stadium is positioned, its the north-west stand.

I adore the Amex, but we really needed a proper kop behind the goal.

I'm going to sound like a right idiot but why is it called the KOP?
Sorry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going to sound like a right idiot but why is it called the KOP?
Sorry

An imposing stand behind the goal where most of the noise is generated is generally referred to as a kop.

We don't have one though.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I wouldn't mind transferring to the South as long as I'm at the back & behind the goal still.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Commented on the other thread. Embarrassing support all around from the BHA fans. Dismal, so disappointed. Best/biggest crowd in the Championship...maybe, best NO way.

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think so. But it would need to be made clear that it would be a singing stand, and that people who don't want to do this are not welcome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here