• No

Votes: 41 38.7%
  • Fence

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Nearer the away fans the better for our singers. I know if the south was our main area it would get a lot of the south side of the west going as there are several smaller pockets that try to get things going in these areas and when the away fans had the west side of the south there was always decent banter.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Just a thought, but think it's probable that with there usually being a high S or SW wind the noise generated carries a lot more from the south stand. Can rarely hear the North Stand in WSU though sure it is loud at times. Away support generally seems to carry better from South.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
It's unfair to blame north standers for a lack of atmosphere and noise from our end. The blame should lie with the club for its bizarre sectioning policy when it built the stadium. The singing section is also the smallest stand, so regardless of the will of its supporters, it will never sound 'intimidating'. For that reason many supporters' attittude seems to be 'it wont sound really loud in this weedy stand anyway, so i don't think i will bother'. I was a regular in the Goldstone north stand for years and I loved singing - as I do now. But there will always be pockets of fans who don't join in. We had/have them in both stadiums. But if we had a decent north bank of around 5,000-7,000 it wouldn't matter about the non-singers. It will still sound great if say 50% join in....

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
We should move the North to the South but still call it the North but put the NorthWest corner in the East Upper,
leaving the South West Corner where it is but put the West Middle tier where the North is now but move the Lower East ten feet towards the south.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Nearer the away fans the better for our singers. I know if the south was our main area it would get a lot of the south side of the west going as there are several smaller pockets that try to get things going in these areas and when the away fans had the west side of the south there was always decent banter.

Indeed

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Well I still think it would be an improvement and worth a try, for several reasons already stated. It certainly isn't completely impractical as you suggest.

yep....also sw is starting to make noise already

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Make the back half of each end home standing, and the fronts home seated. Make south end of east lower for away fans.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
That may be true, however, there would be more potential for problems as the away fans would mingle far more with home as their strand would be right by our shop, Dicks bar etc and more importantly at the end of a game most of the fans would end up on the train bridge at once. That'd be fun with palace for instance. It's just not going to happen.

fans already mingle en route to and from ground to station ....no major incidents so far ?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They should try the centre of the north. May have a chance of uniting the whole north then. I couldn't hear them on Wednesday but I did hear and see the efforts of those nearer the east.

I think people need to chill out a little about the atmosphere. When the players give us something to cheer about, their noise levels will improve, to be fair we've been very hit and miss this year at home.

The problem is people want to sit with people they know. There is not room for 30 of them to sit in there at the moment all together unless other STH give up there seats which is not going to happen. More likely the North West corner is where we will be joining them next year if all can be accommodated.
Where is sit the current divide between them and the North centre is very noticable and is a shame as ideally need a group to link the 2 together. That does not happen though. Me and my friends try but it is not easy

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Where do you sit then?

WSL. Not sure why that is relevant though as I have no desire to be in the rowdy bits anymore apart from away games and the odd cup game, had plenty of years doing that at The Goldstone (although me and my crowd do our best to get some singing going amongst the shrinking violets around us). That doesn't mean that I'm not interested in ways that could improve the atmosphere for the whole ground though, or any part of it. My point was about the structure of the ground and what would make a better home end, not the people who populate it, I'd hope that would naturally sort itself out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here