Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ward: There is Real Belief in Squad

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Stephen Ward believes there is real belief in the Albion squad, following the side’s display against Bournemouth.
The left-back scored late in the game to cancel out the Cherries’ controversial penalty opener, and he felt that a point was the least the side deserved.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “After we scored we had two or three other half-chances and it could well have been one of those days, but I think it shows the belief we have.
“It takes real character to keep going right to the end and we’ve shown that tonight.
“We’ll never stop until the last minute.”
The Irishman, whose 89th minute equaliser was his first for the club, believes the side just need the rub of the green to really kick on at home.
“We need that little bit of luck sometimes. We’re not far away from turning teams over here by three or four.
“If you look at the last couple of weeks we’ve created enough chances to win games.
“We’re playing well, dominating possession and we’re giving away very little at the back.
“Teams come here to try to make it difficult for us like Bournemouth did tonight.
“They worked their socks off to try and stop us playing but we still controlled the majority of the game.
“It’s a positive that we are creating so many chances and, if you look at them, they’re not glaring misses.
“Their keeper has pulled off world class saves and we’ve hit the crossbar and the post.
“As the manager says, we can’t really do too much more. We just need that bit of luck and, hopefully, come the second half of the season, that will turn in our favour.”
The defender, who was taken off as a precaution in the recent win over Blackpool following a head injury, also understood why he was withdrawn from action.
“I wanted to stay on but the Doctor was there to do his job and, in fairness, had anything happened to me then people would have asked questions.
“He’s got to take that decision into his hands and you’ve got to respect it, it’s why he’s employed by the club.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here