Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: We Deserved Win

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia felt his side did almost everything to win the game and deserved three points in an enthralling New Year's Day 1-1 draw against AFC Bournemouth.
Asked by the media whether he felt Stephen Ward's late leveler was justice for his team, the Albion head coach responded, "No, they deserved to win.
"I am happy with the performance. When you hit the woodwork three times and you have ten clear chances to score you cannot be angry, because we did everything to win this game.
"We created more in the first half because Bournemouth tried to play a little bit higher, while in the second half they sat back and it was difficult for us to find spaces to play, but I always expected us to equalise. I am a positive person and I always think that we are going to score.
Oscar also shared the fans' sense of injustice in regard to the first-half decision by referee Simon Hooper to award a penalty against Inigo Calderon, which gave Lewis Grabban the chance to open the scoring from the spot.*
He added, "Everybody in the stadium saw exactly what happened, except the most important person [the referee] and he gave the penalty.*
"We have had several disappointing decisions this season, particularly at the start, but you have to learn to manage them. Referees can make mistakes and yes it can change games, but everyone makes mistakes."
The Albion head coach once again praised his subs, as Kemy Agustien, Ashley Barnes and Andrea Orlandi all came off the bench to play their part in a thrilling finale.*
Oscar was delighted with the impact his subs made at Blackpool on Sunday, and again praise those coming off the bench today.
"They made a difference again and that is what we ask of them: to make an impact. Andrea Orlandi played really well in the final ten minutes.*
"I have some tough decisions to choose the starting eleven but this is a good thing. It is not easy to leave players like Ashley Barnes on the bench, but this is good for the team, because they are all desperate to play and all fighting for places."*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here