Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just found the 'penalty' and our goal on FaceBook

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Calde has won the ball fair and square and Pugh has conned the ref with a perfect "Zaha" :rant:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I guess it was a pen then. He tackled from behind, getting the ball counts for nothing.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I guess it was a pen then. He tackled from behind, getting the ball counts for nothing.

Never a penalty.

They were side by side and Calde put the ball out for a corner which is basic defending, happens in every game, every week, without refs getting a rush of blood to the head and blowing for an imaginary pen. Simon Hooper's card is marked now, like D'Urso.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm not one for slagging off referees as they only have a split second to make a decision, but this one lost the plot and shouldn't be allowed to officiate above league two until he learns how to read the laws of the game correctly

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

The term 'tackle from behind' is colloquial rather than literal. If a player stands shielding a ball away and has his legs apart, and the opponent finds that space to poke the football away, in a literal sense it's a tackle behind, but it's not a foul.

'Tackle from behind' is commonly used to describe the outlawed tackle where a player would make a lunge that goes into an opponent, knocking him over, and with the same momentum, eventually getting the ball. Calderon's tackle was not like this.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I was in the North west corner and had a perfect view of it. Could not believe it when that prat pointed to the spot.:ohmy:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
The term 'tackle from behind' is colloquial rather than literal. If a player stands shielding a ball away and has his legs apart, and the opponent finds that space to poke the football away, in a literal sense it's a tackle behind, but it's not a foul.

'Tackle from behind' is commonly used to describe the outlawed tackle where a player would make a lunge that goes into an opponent, knocking him over, and with the same momentum, eventually getting the ball. Calderon's tackle was not like this.

Spot on.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Poor challenge whatever the outcome.
There is no excuse for not trying an easy shield/block with his right leg instead of going to ground & sliding in, with further to stretch and more uncertainty, with his left.
Dreadful technique

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I used to be pretty good at this at school , slide in from behind , get a foot to the ball and bring down the player at the same time. Always got away with it as I never tried it in the box.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But people here are bleating "But he got the ball" when that has no relevance. Does anyone really think that they were level? Watch the video again. I'm allowed an opinion even if it is wrong.

Dec 29, 2011
But people here are bleating "But he got the ball" when that has no relevance. Does anyone really think that they were level? Watch the video again. I'm allowed an opinion even if it is wrong.

It has every relevance. It has no relevance if the tackle is dangerous, or the player is flattened before the tackler touches the ball (neither of which happen in this instance).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It has every relevance. It has no relevance if the tackle is dangerous, or the player is flattened before the tackler touches the ball (neither of which happen in this instance).

This, it wasnt reckless or dangerous and he didnt go for the player. Never a penalty, if you win the ball - it isnt a foul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here