Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two up front surely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I can't go along with this one up front at home malarkey. Maybe at a push when Buckley is firing but we need Barnes with Ulloa at home at the moment and then making him play a deeper and sometimes wider role on our travels.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Playing two upfront doesn't guarantee you goals though. What we sometimes lack is creativity in the centre of the pitch that create clear cut chances and break teams down. Today we played with two defensive midfielders and crofts, who for all his hard work is hardly a flair player. Once Orlandi is fit again if he is deployed in front of Ince and Bridcutt (if he's still with us) I think we'll have a more cutting edge in the final third.

And I haisten to add if it wasn't for the woodwork and Lee Camp we could have won that game 4-1.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
and who protects our two slow centre backs?

saying that i do agree, and maybe drop Bridcutt as he's all over the place at the mo.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Playing two upfront doesn't guarantee you goals though. What we sometimes lack is creativity in the centre of the pitch that create clear cut chances and break teams down. Today we played with two defensive midfielders and crofts, who for all his hard work is hardly a flair player. Once Orlandi is fit again if he is deployed in front of Ince and Bridcutt (if he's still with us) I think we'll have a more cutting edge in the final third.

And I haisten to add if it wasn't for the woodwork and Lee Camp we could have won that game 4-1.

Fair enough to praise their 'keeper, but the woodwork is fairly passive and down to the accuracy of the finishing. Shots that hit the post or crossbar are misses.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Do agree. Also think part of the problem is playing 3 central midfielders who, essentially, are defensive midfield players, break it up and get rid. Would rather Agustien or even Orlandi/Lopez played there to get some creativity through the middle.

We played very narrow on the whole today, and theres only so much Bridcutt, Crofts and Ince can do with the ball at their feet.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
and who protects our two slow centre backs?
don't forget our slow and often out of position right back...

There was a 5 minute period today near the start of the second half during which we set up more "positively", with Ince pushed forward, and we looked extremely vulnerable every time we lost possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here